Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1911 limited 10

bceglinski

..."gives the extra advantage of a mag adjustment tool built into your gun. Lay the offending mag on a table in the safe area between stages, and whack it with the butt of the gun. The S&A is perfect for this. Now they drop free!"

"Whack 'em back into place and keep going."

I love high tech gunsmithing tips. :roflol:

They must have taught that in Glock Armorer's school.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, 1911 single stack minor can have 10 rounds in the magazine and they can be used for limited 10 as well, the only change will be placement of the holster, magazine pouches, and holster limitations. You can also shoot a 1911 9mm in open if that floats your boat

• 1 year later...

I change nothing except magazines when switching between Single Stack and L10, always with .45 ACP.  It's my lane and I'll drive in it as far as I can until for some unforeseen reason I decide to try something else.  So far, it's a blast.  There is satisfaction in beating race gunners and 2011 limited shooters with my .45 1911s.

• 1 month later...
On 12/19/2017 at 7:26 AM, GunBugBit said:

I change nothing except magazines when switching between Single Stack and L10, always with .45 ACP.  It's my lane and I'll drive in it as far as I can until for some unforeseen reason I decide to try something else.  So far, it's a blast.  There is satisfaction in beating race gunners and 2011 limited shooters with my .45 1911s.

What he said.  Even better with a .38 Super shooting minor.  I don't even gotta change mags.  I just get to shoot twice on everything which means I get to try out two stage plans, and shoot for four minutes versus two.  Makes the four hours setting up and tearing down more worth it somehow.

Edited by gino_aki
added content