Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1911 limited 10

bceglinski

• 1 month later...

just be sure to use wilson combat magazines

Why? Nothing wrong with mags from other manufacturers. Chip McCormick and Tripp both make 10rnd mags for a .45 ACP 1911.

+1. I haven't personally tried their 10-rounders but I have ONLY heard about over-insertion and breaking ejectors when using wilson 10-rd mags. I personally have chip mccormicks and they have run flawlessly in my sti trojan. Flawlessly as in zero malfunctions ever.

Edited by motosapiens

Why? Nothing wrong with mags from other manufacturers. Chip McCormick and Tripp both make 10rnd mags for a .45 ACP 1911.

+1. I haven't personally tried their 10-rounders but I have ONLY heard about over-insertion and breaking ejectors when using wilson 10-rd mags. I personally have chip mccormicks and they have run flawlessly in my sti trojan. Flawlessly as in zero malfunctions ever.

The CMC 10-rounders run great until they don't Generally the feed lips get splayed out and the mags stop dropping free. In my experience, the CMC lifetime warranty, ain't.

The CMC 10-rounders run great until they don't Generally the feed lips get splayed out and the mags stop dropping free. In my experience, the CMC lifetime warranty, ain't.

Oh. I own a pair of pliers if i need to unsplay them. Mine only have 10k or so rounds, so they're good as new.

I did get a little flaring on my stock sig mags that I use only for dry-fire (like 1 million reloads and drops on the floor). I just bent them back.

Same could be said for my expensive 2011 mags with Grams internals and Dawson base pads. That's why they make a tuning kit for them.

I've had CMC 10rnd mags that wouldn't drop free. After a few whacks with a rubber mallet while lying on a flat surface, they always go back to working. I like the CMC mags because they have a large basepad that is easy to grab, and it cushions the mag better when you drop them.

• 10 months later...

Hello: Some of the big names use 1911's when they shoot limited 10 at nationals. Some of them even shoot 45acp as well. If you want to do it then just do it. I have shot Limited 10 with 8 round mags as well since that is all I had at the time. I still don't have any 10 round 45 mags, maybe it's time to buy some. Thanks, Eric

The TechWell-type mag wells are cool, but a Smith & Alexander gives the extra advantage of a mag adjustment tool built into your gun. Lay the offending mag on a table in the safe area between stages, and whack it with the butt of the gun. The S&A is perfect for this. Now they drop free!

I've had hang ups with all my mags regardless of manufacturer. From what I can tell, when they get dropped during a mag change with some rounds still in the mag, and the mag lands upright, it briefly compresses the column of rounds. Then the spring recovers and forces them up again with enough force to spread the lips over time. Whack 'em back into place and keep going.

..."gives the extra advantage of a mag adjustment tool built into your gun. Lay the offending mag on a table in the safe area between stages, and whack it with the butt of the gun. The S&A is perfect for this. Now they drop free!"

"Whack 'em back into place and keep going."

I love high tech gunsmithing tips. :roflol: