Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Limited 6 interest thread

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't see where adding the division would cause problems, it might give the 6 shooters that USPSA made obsolete, a place to go :)

Well, anyone that shot a 625 in USPSA is likely already shooting ICORE if they have access to a club. Are our numbers large enough to support 4 divisions? I dunno. I'm just as likely to shoot my 625 at our monthly match now as I would be if we had limited 6. At a regional I'm shooting my 8 shot.

I only have a 625....and my wife only has a 625....

most of my friends here in SW Washington that shoot ICORE and USPSA only have 6 shooters...

Interesting that the ICORE logo shows 6 (six) rounds....not 7 or 8 or 10....

I support a 6 round limited division....

Reuel Emery

That's interesting. Here in northeast Colorado the 8-shooters are more common at ICORE. In general we have one guy with speedloaders and everyone else shoots 8.

Can anyone put a dollar figure on the cost of implementing Limited6? Is that even a problem?

I'd like to let Mr. Emery and his co-owners of 6-shot moonclip guns have a shot at a self-image-boosting win...not too likely if he competes against equally skilled 8-shooter operators. So put me down as supporting L6.

I wonder how many of the people (board of directors) who voted for the 8 shot minor, actually shoot revolvers?

What does that matter in ICORE and in USPSA?

Doesn't matter in ICORE. I would assume they use revolvers. In USPSA, it's a lot easier to vote against revolver divisions/rules, if it doesn't affect you.

So if they don't shoot in any of the other divisions in USPSA it also makes it easier for them to vote against divisions/rules cause it won't effect them. I would hope and believe that the current board of directors do not vote based on what they only compete in.

So if they don't shoot in any of the other divisions in USPSA it also makes it easier for them to vote against divisions/rules cause it won't effect them. I would hope and believe that the current board of directors do not vote based on what they only compete in.

Not exactly. It's that they might not see the nuances involved in the decision. As you know, revolvers have their own particular quirks :)

At the local club level, adding another division requires nothing more than adding that division to their scoring software. That is not a big deal.

At the national match level it's another couple of trophies. Again, not really a big deal.

It costs little and takes little extra effort. But, if it brings in more shooters - why not!?

I see a post for the latest Postal Match entries submitted update. It's (as of the last post) at 300 shooters who have shot the 2014 Postal Match. Another 30 shooters would be a 10% increase. Another 60 shooters would be a 20% increase. What's wrong with increased? And, if Limited Six helps in that regard... what's wrong with that?

If ICORE wants to grow... why not grow by adding more shooters? Limited Six might do that. And, if it doesn't, what did it cost ICORE to try it?

But, if it brings in more shooters - why not!?

That's well it.... Maybe, ...probably doubtful.

All I think it would do , if anything, would just take shooters away from other divisions.

Hey, if this goes through - I hope it does take off and brings more shooters in.

• 1 month later...

With IDPA's recent release of new rules which include 3 types/divisions for revolver shooting I thought this thread could use a revival. IDPA now has REV division with rules for moon clipped and speedloader fed revolvers. They also have a BUG division with separate rules for revolver. I just don't see how ICORE, the revolver sport, can claim to serve the needs of the dedicated revolver enthusiast with only 3 divisions for the entire sport. Adding Limited 6 gives this entire sport, which includes an Open Division, one more division than another sport that does not have Open and is dedicated primarily to carry guns. I have not always been a big fan of IDPA, although I do shoot it about once a year, but I am really excited to see them attempting to do something good with revolvers. I am hoping ICORE will as well.

-ld

I was pi$$ed whe Idpa was going to can RSR but they didn't . I still cowboyed up and bought an 8 shot gun for icore.

Even though our local match is a revo Idpa match cause it's run by them but at least we've got a local club.

Go for it put a min. # of shooters for a prize

• 4 weeks later...

Never shot uspsa revolver. Always shot Limited 10.

Two or three years ago I bought an older 625 to shoot revolver. Locally ICORE just started up. Now shoot ICORE Limited too. I also bought a bunch or 45 AR brass and a new shell plate and speedloaders. Now I can shoot Classic or Limited. A lot cheaper than buying a new rig and gun so I can play on equal footing for local bragging rights in limited.

We are averaging about 20 to 25 shooters in our first winter indoors. Last match 13 Classic, 7 Limited, and 2 Open. The only two 8 rounders were in Open. Almost all our ICORE revolver shooters shoot non revolver in USPSA or IDPA. Either recognize hi 6 shot in Limited or give them there own class. It won't diminish total shooters. Keep in mind what kept you going before 7 and 8 shooters were invented. Don't forget them. I voted yes. I just joined ICORE and planning on going to 2 East Coast Regional matches in Albany , NY and PA to compete for hi 6 in limited.

• 3 weeks later...

firglock, glad to see you're shooting ICORE. I heard about the club up in your neck of the woods. I think you will enjoy the match a lot. Just so you know, I think the MD for the New England Regional match will only recognize the Limited 6 subcategory if there are a minimum of three shooters for that category. The MD for the East Coast Regional match generally does not recognize Limited 6. Historically, that match does not give out any plaques for people that place, opting instead for a prize table. Just FYI before you come make the trip.

I'd be happy to have sort of our own Limited 6 division.. I've shot the IRC both ways and actually do better shooting the 610 over the 627... I've shot the IRC for many years with the 6 shooter and won the 6 shooter category once or twice.. Having a whole division would be nice.

jhg,

I don't understand your perspective. IDPA consolidated the two existing revolver divisions into one. The same stuff that was legal before is still legal. There are literally no new options. The BUG stuff in the rule book simply solidifies guidelines for equipment for use at Back Up Gun Only matches, which is simply a rule book formality. IDPA realistically has "two" divisions. Both are very restrictive on what kind of revolver you can shoot and one is only available to use at a very limited amount of novelty matches. In ICORE, you can shoot pretty much anything, and the rulebook allows for match directors to create their own subcategories. It hasn't really been happening. I just don't see a lot of people coming out to shoot Limited 6. Most of the people that had those guns were USPSA shooters, or IDPA shooters for ESR. I guess it doesn't technically "hurt" anything, it'll just further dilute the pool of people already attending matches.

The last 4 IRC's have given a buckle for high limited 6 as I recall. There's no way to know what the actual participation was, but it was awarded and that's cool.

I don't think it will increase participation in any case, it just gives the population something else to go after and that can't hurt.

This gets back to the heart of it though, growing revolver participation is super difficult for all the reasons that have been discussed in circular fashion for a long time. I'm lucky here in new england that there are two dedicated MD's that carry on running monthly ICORE matches with 10-16 participants month after month. Occasionally a couple new faces show up for a few matches then disappear again.