Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Unusual Stoeger ejection failure and simple fix

openclassterror

Stoeger is owned by Beretta. Beretta has insufficient design in house and no manufacturing capability. That's what the independent companies are telling us. They also own Benelli. So they are making a Stoeger and a Benelli and a Beretta 3 gun shotgun. It doesn't add up. Just doesn't. Why futz around? A lot of talk is about "getting a cheap shotgun to get started in 3 gun". After you put 100 tube on, and 100 worth of little parts, and some stuff done to it- it's at least an 800 gun. I bought one, a Stoeger, it's an ok hunting gun I wouldn't mind walking my estate in the country in, but why try to make a race car out of the family car. It's gonna cost, no matter what. Nothing is free. I took it back.

Why futz around? A lot of talk is about "getting a cheap shotgun to get started in 3 gun". After you put 100 tube on, and 100 worth of little parts, and some stuff done to it- it's at least an 800 gun. I bought one, a Stoeger, it's an ok hunting gun I wouldn't mind walking my estate in the country in, but why try to make a race car out of the family car. It's gonna cost, no matter what. Nothing is free. I took it back.

Can't speak for everybody, but the family car is already pressed into service. Thats what happened when I threw a tube on my Nova and started playing. $800 is about my max budget, I shoot for fun. When I'm better and get to shoot a major match as long as the Stoeger runs it will not be the piece of gear holding me back. The cost of guns is insignificant in the long run to ammo, but right now the actual family car needs gas and fancy top of the line tricked out guns don't do much good with me behind them yelling "Bang!"

Edited by TyinTX

Oh now, Mark...Boom....get a room you two! :)

As an aside, Mark's stuff IS the real deal, designed by a real shooter, and a real engineer who has function and utility fore most on his mind. His stuff IS designed to HELP the shooting community.....not just to make money....hey he's got a great day job....this stuff IS for the shooter!

• 3 years later...

Hello,

I am new to the forum but cannot believe the information and knowledge on here. I do have a quick question that I cannot find information, in detail on. I have a Stoeger M3K. For some reason, whenever the gun goes to load a shell from the mag tube, it will hang up half way out of the tube, stuck on the latch carrier. However; if I rack a shell into the chamber, and release another onto the lift, the gun cycles with no issue, that is until it goes to load the THIRD shell. That is when the shell jams on the latch carrier, partially in the magazine. I called Stoeger and they said it could be any number of things. I've asked around and done as much research as possible, all I've really gathered is an over powered mag spring? mine is an overall of 30.5" with 17.5" out of the tube. I ordered and SBEII spring and follower to test. Please advise if anyone has seen this before.

Sounds like the release is not timed properly. Bend the tab on the shell release lever.....the one by the trigger guard,  where it contacts the hammer spring plunger, down just a bit.

Disclaimer!! I don't know how brittle Stoeger parts are! I know you can do this with Benelli parts, but with old Stogies.....you never know! I do know I have seen several that weren't " timed" right.

Edited by kurtm

• 2 years later...