Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Apex Tactical Flat Faced Forward Set Sear and Trigger Kit-Introduc

Magsz

I have a M&P 9mm long slide. This I put the competition kit in. Keeping the actual physical trigger. Trigger pul is at 2.5 lbs. but still has a fair amount of travel. Like it but would like a bit more rest feel but happy with the results.

But I am building up a M&P 40 pro CORE to run in limited class in USPSA. While the trigger feel was better I really wanted something that was more like a 1911/2011s so many use in competition. In comes Apex.. I purchased the flat trigger kit the day it was released.. I installed it myself and never having done anything like this.. (my other kit was installed by a friend) It took me a while and played with the two trigger springs that came with the kit, and ended up using the stock spring.. this brings me just under 3 lbs. I was still not happy with the reset. I ended up ordering the Apex Ram.. Once installed. I am truly amazed how this feels.. And at the range it helps also. It truly feels like a 1911. Totally happy.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Question 

I just got the Flatty kit for my 2.0 and wondering what would the best springs to put in for my carry gun . 

Ive seen guys on YouTube put in the purple sear spring and rest Duty  springs and get 4.5lbs of pull . And others use the entire duty kit and get 5.5 . 

Late reply, but my recommendation is that you put the heaviest spring in if it's for carry. While I don't recommend changing anything on a carry pistol, if you do don't go lighter than factory

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Given the nature of the trigger and how crisp, short and light it is.  I would strongly recommend that you put the heaviest springs in it possible.

Regarding the other posts, yep, this is the kit that I was testing.