Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Beretta/Wilson 92G Brigadier Tactical

Andreas

• 5 months later...

I have one and that thing is right there with my CZ75 custom , as far as trigger , fit and finish.

I'd say slide 'glides' smoother the CZ. Worth the money. Now just figure out how to get it in production division.

• 1 month later...

Does seem like a pretty cool gun for production, two questions though. Does it still need work playing with springs and polishing tweaking parts to improve the SA and DA trigger pull and break? And what is the big deal with the brigadier slide? They advertise it as being heavier, but in most shooting sports aren't people always trying to lighten their slides to improve cycle time and lesson recoil???

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Does seem like a pretty cool gun for production, two questions though. Does it still need work playing with springs and polishing tweaking parts to improve the SA and DA trigger pull and break? And what is the big deal with the brigadier slide? They advertise it as being heavier, but in most shooting sports aren't people always trying to lighten their slides to improve cycle time and lesson recoil???

Hey Eli,

I'll be running a Wilson BrigTac for '15-'16 season at McHenry IPSC - you can check it out.

The Wilson BrigTac comes with the "D" spring, a 16# mainspring that feels good - huge improvement from the stock 18# or 20# Wilson is now making lighter springs for it in a kit that contains 12#, 13#, 14#. You know me and I'm not a trigger-weirdo, so right now I'm just run the stock trigger spring, however, in an uncharacteristic change of heart, I DO plan on polishing stuff and cleaning up the DA/SA pulls in the long run... We'll see how light I can get that shit, but need Langdon and Bill Wilson's input on how best to do that...

Big advantage running a lighter recoil spring - In the past I was running an 8# or 9# - planning to do the same. (Berettas that are under sprung shoot really flat! Amazingly so... Especially when packed full of slide-glide...) I never understood slide machining, but the Brig slide + light spring + grease makes for a very easy gun to shoot...

Other than that, the brig slide has enough "meat" to machine the dovetail cuts. The Wilson sight setup is good - Tritium front, his ~.270" rear with a decent notch, etc, though I prefer the Dawon .140"x .110" green fiber sights and Novak .305" black rear sights. Shoot POA=POI at ~11 yards, about 1.5" low at 25 and "why are you aiming" closer in.

Hey Eli,

I'll be running a Wilson BrigTac for '15-'16 season at McHenry IPSC - you can check it out.

I will definitely be interested in checking it out! The SP01's made it an entire season, and you're back to Beretta, lol.

Can you run the new trigger bar that Wilson and Langdon came up with? Supposed to shorten the reset

Yes.

The new bar doesn't really shorten the reset - the same bearing surface grabs the DA hammer hook and cams the SA sear. Since the same surface does both jobs, IDK how'd they rejigger it... The Beretta mechanism will never be as short of a reset like a CZ shadow with the SRT. But the reset on them in SA is quite like a Glock: crisp, "click" positive, etc, even for stock Berettas. (Just different beast)

(BTW - https://youtu.be/oFX8NQbdSAc?t=3m31snotice how the bar comes up from below, then cams back on the sear...)

The trigger bar does have an integral, internal over travel stop that you need to fit which might help some shooters feel like the trigger is moving as much. Personally? I ground mine down all the way ^_^ because I didn't care for the overtravel stop and wanted more reliable ignition. Basically, if you limit how far forward the bar moves, it might not give enough run to release the DA pull. Longer forward travel == more arc to the DA pull == more reliable ignition with the lighter springs.

The spring weight is really where it is at... That makes the biggest difference on the DA pull.

Additionally, the big win with the Wilson bar is that it is harder metal - the stock bars used to get grooved and then the DA would stack - if you dry fired a lot, you'd have to change trigger bars after a while. I like it because I dry fire a lot.

I will definitely be interested in checking it out! The SP01's made it an entire season, and you're back to Beretta, lol.

I liked the CZ guns - they FEEL good. They shoot well! I won well!

I did wear parts out (sear, springs, hammers, locking tabs for safeties) because I shoot a lot and dry fire a lot. I don't think it is indicative of most people's experiences because I think I'm the outlier.

After having a daughter, I realized I just didn't have as much time to fuss with setups/maintenance. I wanted something reliable, simple, and so the choice was Glock or Beretta.

I prefer the DA/SA guns (I just like 'em...) and really appreciated what Ernest and Bill did to revive the cooler parts of the Beretta line up. Easy enough choice.

Can you run the new trigger bar that Wilson and Langdon came up with? Supposed to shorten the reset

Additionally, the big win with the Wilson bar is that it is harder metal

Yep - I know the OEM one flexes as well. On my Brig-Tac, it flexes and causes a drag on the early production grips. On my 90-Two w/ the grip sleeve, it sounds plasticky because that's what its rubbing on. Certainly bowing out in the middle under load doesn't improve trigger feel whatsoever. I just wish the Wilson part wasn't $80 as I have too many 92's to buy for. Guess I should try it on one first but I'm afraid I'll like it. :D

Additionally, the big win with the Wilson bar is that it is harder metal

Yep - I know the OEM one flexes as well. On my Brig-Tac, it flexes and causes a drag on the early production grips. On my 90-Two w/ the grip sleeve, it sounds plasticky because that's what its rubbing on. Certainly bowing out in the middle under load doesn't improve trigger feel whatsoever. I just wish the Wilson part wasn't $80 as I have too many 92's to buy for. Guess I should try it on one first but I'm afraid I'll like it. :D

I feel your pain...

Personally, for the less used/carry gun, I'll just run the stock part, then, if/when they wear out, I'll replace with the Wilson unit.

Should work out...

I got one earlier this year and have been using it. I'm coming from a Hi Power so the transition has been interesting to me. I've done relatively decent with it too winning some plaques at some of the matches I've been in. I wish this had a Vertec slide instead of a Brigadier slide but maybe I'll just get a stand alone slide to put onto this frame.

I wish this had a Vertec slide instead of a Brigadier slide but maybe I'll just get a stand alone slide to put onto this frame.

Pretty sure you would no longer be production legal at that point. You can't swap slides on production guns, even with other guns from the production list... Sorry to rain on your parade...

I wish this had a Vertec slide instead of a Brigadier slide but maybe I'll just get a stand alone slide to put onto this frame.

Pretty sure you would no longer be production legal at that point. You can't swap slides on production guns, even with other guns from the production list... Sorry to rain on your parade...
Meh, its fine for IDPA and Steel Challenge. It's no different than a M9A3 so I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I put a Combat front and rear on my beater Inox Brig. The rear is actually an LPA - they've got nice matched sets in whatever height you want. Its basically the tallest factory set made but still don't think it will clear my TiRant can.

Borrowed an original production G-SD from a buddy; I'll likely buy it from him as I had plans to buy another BrigTac and have it Metalifed at Mahovsky. This GS-D will be a much cheaper starting point...

2MA21f6l.jpg

Edited by PGT