Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Similarities between CZ's and Sphinxes

EatsEverything

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back to the original topic, someone on another forum asked: "I'm assuming both the 18 and 16rd [magazines] he [from Post #3] is referring to is for the CZ75 and will stick out the bottom? I'm guessing there is no mag from CZ that will flush-fit, lock in place, and clear the ejectors in an SDP? Thus, we're stuck with the $50+ Sphinx mags?"

Any idea of when the full size production models will be available as of yet?

• Currently the only solid release dates I have available is for the Sub-compact which will be out in the next 2-3 weeks or sooner.
  • No solid release date as of this time for the full size production models.

Thank you FrontSight for the frequent updates. I live in California so the window of opportunity is closing on purchasing a full size Sphinx SDP. Hopefully I can get a full size Sphinx before the end of the year but I suspect my chances are rather slim.

Back to the original topic, someone on another forum asked: "I'm assuming both the 18 and 16rd [magazines] he [from Post #3] is referring to is for the CZ75 and will stick out the bottom? I'm guessing there is no mag from CZ that will flush-fit, lock in place, and clear the ejectors in an SDP? Thus, we're stuck with the $50+ Sphinx mags?"

• 16rd. magazine will stick out of the bottom.

post-56067-0-92207600-1415316629_thumb.j

I just received my subcompact. It's a beautiful gun, the quality is incredible both inside and out. It feels great. It is very consistent and accurate and it is a natural pointer for me. The shape of the lower is very very nice.

But, I'd like to tune the trigger a little. The SA is a crisp 4.5 lbs with a lovely short and tactile reset. However, I'd like to drop .5-.75 lbs. The DA stacks real bad and is very heavy I estimate over 10. Front sight, any idea when some springs may be available for this gun? I know Dave at CGW is supposed to be working on some springs for the larger sizes. I'd like to try a lighter main spring and perhaps a lighter firing pin block spring. I may tear into it soon and see how the springs compare to CZ springs.

I just can't leave my guns alone I always have to do something to them.

I just received my subcompact. It's a beautiful gun, the quality is incredible both inside and out. It feels great. It is very consistent and accurate and it is a natural pointer for me. The shape of the lower is very very nice.

But, I'd like to tune the trigger a little. The SA is a crisp 4.5 lbs with a lovely short and tactile reset. However, I'd like to drop .5-.75 lbs. The DA stacks real bad and is very heavy I estimate over 10. Front sight, any idea when some springs may be available for this gun? I know Dave at CGW is supposed to be working on some springs for the larger sizes. I'd like to try a lighter main spring and perhaps a lighter firing pin block spring. I may tear into it soon and see how the springs compare to CZ springs.

I just can't leave my guns alone I always have to do something to them.

• We currently do not have a specific date for alternative spring rates to be released.

bwhitedd, on 14 Nov 2014 - 3:36 PM, said:snapback.png

Any news on the full size availability, especially the production?

Bud's has them on the site, they are out of stock, but they are there......

• Full size availability has not been finalized. Still aiming for sometime in Decemeber, but any hard release dates are pure speculation at this point.
  • As soon as a date has been finalized for the release of any model's/variant's, we will make an official announcment.

With only five weeks left in the year, what do you thing are the chances of the full size being available in 2014?

• Latest update we have as of right now(dates are still subject to change).
  • Standards should be available Jan-Feb 2015

That's really too bad. You just lost the California market for SSE's.... :(

• 4 weeks later...

Went to my LGS today. They are Sphinx distributor. I was told that they just put in an order for 9 full-size pistols from Sphinx...but (and this surprised me) they said the full-size Sphinx is only being released for now in .45. Maybe FrontSight can clarify this...

Went to my LGS today. They are Sphinx distributor. I was told that they just put in an order for 9 full-size pistols from Sphinx...but (and this surprised me) they said the full-size Sphinx is only being released for now in .45. Maybe FrontSight can clarify this...

.45 is not listed as a caliber for any of their pistols on Sphinx's Website.

^^ I know, that's what's so strange. I was handling the SDP compact at the time, told the salesguy I was most interested in the Sphinx full-size, and thats when he told me that they just placed the order but all that has become available was the full-size in .45. He says they have no idea when the full-size will be available in 9mm. Thats why I was hoping someone from Sphinx/Kriss could comment...

• The full size Sphinx in .45 ACP that is mentioned is actually our older Sphinx 3000, not the Sphinx SDP Full Size, which will be released early 2015