Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which semi auto shotgun are you running for 3-gun

Jesse Tischauser

What mods on the stoeger did you have done? Trigger? Forcing cone? Porting?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

I have not messed with any of that stuff, probably won't.

Here is a big long thread with about every modification you can think of to do to a Stoeger.

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=173219&page=60#entry2243062

The gun I run has minimal mods. M2 safety, loading port worked, welded lifter, hi viz sight, polished and smoothed the moving parts. I can't see spending $600 In mods to a $450 gun.

Edited by Jesse Tischauser

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have read the thread Jesse, and after James and I do a few things that have not yet been done, I might do some others. I think there are some add-ons that can help with ergonomics for sure, but yes, the idea is to be able to have a less expensive, but fully reliable alternative to the $1K+ shotguns, which has been tried, but has not yet been successful.

I have read the thread Jesse, and after James and I do a few things that have not yet been done, I might do some others. I think there are some add-ons that can help with ergonomics for sure, but yes, the idea is to be able to have a less expensive, but fully reliable alternative to the $1K+ shotguns, which has been tried, but has not yet been successful.

Sorry for the confusion I was posting for the guy that asked about mods. I know you've been there and done that

My Mossberg JM Pro 930 always runs fine. Although I have witnessed several that have issues. I run Winchester Super X 2 3/4" 6 Shot all of the time. 1 1/8 oz loads.

Same here, although I run almost anything through mine, usually 1 1/8oz, 1200FPS or higher #6 or #7.5.

At one of our bigger (1 huge stage every 6 months or so, ~60 shotgun in single stage) matches, I watched the guy shooting before me go into single-shot mode with his JM for the long stretch of shotgun targets.

Mine, along with several others, ran flawlessly. To date, the few guys I've met in person with 'problem' JMs haven't done (or wanted to do) any of 'the usual' work or maintenance on them, more or less expecting them to run 100% out of the box, which we know isn't often the case with the 930s. It's too bad Mossberg didn't spend another $20/gun in QC...but, their call.

I will probably run mine until/when/if reliability drops w/out an easy fix...at which point, will be looking to see what develops with the 1301/M3K/A5s with some rounds through 'em.

Since I just switched to it .....1301.........so far...flawless.....light as an M2 and gas operated for a bit less recoil.......and shoots slugs GREAT!

Ain't nothing as light as an M2.

A better statement would be lighter than a Versamax.

Time to bring out a scale! Recently pickup up a 1301 and love it!
Google it. It's at least a pound heavier in similar barrel length and features.
Curious what is the weight of an M2? I weighed my 1301 today and it came in at 7 lbs 1.8 oz. I'd attach a pic but Im not sure how. FYI this is with the 24" barrel and a Nordic +5 Edited by Thegrassfarmer

• 4 weeks later...

I ran an SLP for a couple years before I decided to make the switch to an M2. We are still getting to know each other, but it's turning out to be a good relationship so far. The only thing I'm still getting really used to is the fact it shoots so high. I'm taking steps to rectify that situation this week.

I started with a 870 and transitioned over to a versamax. I bought it already set up from a local guy. It has all the loading port work done, 1 piece tube which gives me 10+1. So far it has been a great shooter for me. I still want to try some more slugs, but my POI for slugs isn't really that bad as some of the ones I have read about.