Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Broke down and bought a Dillon... My wife's gonna kill me!

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually got my wifes blessing quite easily...especially after I told her I want to get a 650 after being out in the hot garage for several hours pulling the handle on my turret press 1600 times to get 400 rounds of ammo.

I told her it would be around $800 (I already have dies and other gear) and she's like oh okay...as long as you don't put it on the credit card. Been putting away some money every paycheck...So I'm a few months away from having a 650 for an early Birthday/Xmas present to myself :goof:

It's been said many times before..... Please God, when I die, don't let my wife sell my shit for anywhere close to what I told her I paid for it :ph34r:''

LMAO!!! oh yah i cant wait to see my wifes reaction when she see my 650 arrive at the house here in a few days. I'll try the " it was on sale" trick. Wish me luck guys!!

Yea, I guess I'll have to do that... NOT. Ask for permission my ass, I never ask for permission,... always forgiveness. Hell, I remember when my son was born and I took delivery on my first Hewes Flats Boat, she said "but we're having a baby" and I said, no "your having a baby and I'm getting a new boat" I knew exactly what I was doing... That boat paid the bills for many years to come and the freezer was always stocked with fresh fish. Now if I can just figure out how to make this machine spit out $100 dollar bills I'll be good.

Edited by fishboytroy

Come on guys, we can do better. Tell the truth and if she will listen the economics between reloading and buying factory ammo, never mind that you will soon be buying 1000's of dollars in powder, primers and bullets. Then tell her you want to get her something special also, like a coach or Michael coors purse, full day at the spa, new hunting gear. Whatever she fancy's. Here is a hint, ask her close friends.

Lot's of guys buy a Harley before they get married. Not me, if I ever remarry, I'm buying a 1050 with an autodrive. Besides, the world doesn't need another middle aged bald fat man with a goatee on a Harley.

Come on guys, we can do better. Tell the truth and if she will listen the economics between reloading and buying factory ammo, never mind that you will soon be buying 1000's of dollars in powder, primers and bullets. Then tell her you want to get her something special also, like a coach or Michael coors purse, full day at the spa, new hunting gear. Whatever she fancy's. Here is a hint, ask her close friends.

This. When we have money we both spend it.

"I want to buy this shotgun; It's $600. Is that okay?"

Wife- "Sure! Take me shopping for some stuff I want."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey,don't get me wrong reloading is the way to go,but nowadays you aren't going to save any $$$.

You won't save money like you could a decade ago but for me personally, I am coming in at about 60% of what store bought ammo cost. That is using quality components and getting a better quality finished product than I can get from factory ammo.

Edited by JMike

Congrats!!! We are loading 9mm for $160 per 1,000 (bullets, CCI primer and powder), we like it as we shoot USPSA, 3 Gun and can controll power factor. What I like the most is I can load anytime I need/want to shoot. Every year around November I buy 10,000 bullets, 10,000 primers and powder. Around May I start to buy (to adjust the stock) if I need to and never get upset beacuse I cant buy what I want as I have no stress about finding it. I was told a long time ago "its easier to buy when you dont need it than when you do". Welcolm and ask questions!

my wife won't let me get one until we get a house. Our apartment doesn't have enough space anyhow.

Its easier to ask for forgiveness, than it is to ask for permission.

hahaha that is true.Unfortunately for me, I've asked for a lot of forgiveness this year already. Plus I really don't have anywhere to set it up which is a bummer.

my wife won't let me get one until we get a house. Our apartment doesn't have enough space anyhow.

Its easier to ask for forgiveness, than it is to ask for permission.

hahaha that is true.Unfortunately for me, I've asked for a lot of forgiveness this year already. Plus I really don't have anywhere to set it up which is a bummer.
We've all been there. I had all my reloading stuff shipped to my shop and set it up in my office. SLOWLY started moving it all home. Edited by CSStreett