Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Optisan cx6 1-6 scope

airborne101

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought a Optisan 1-4 a year or two ago. The reticle chipped in a couple of places before I even got to shoot a match. I'll take a pic of it this evening and post it here. So in short, save your money.

A very positive review (written by someone who is involved with the company). I'd like to see a non-prototype eval from someone who isn't involved with this (or any) optics company.

This didn't thrill me:

"The CX6 exhibited a shift of roughly 4moa down when going from 6x to 1x."

Edited by ac4wordplay

• 5 weeks later...

Shot first match sat with cx1-6x24 6 stages of rifle dump barrels and scope held zero. The reticle is much faster than the MTAC I was running. Very happy with this scope so far. Can't beat it 1-6 at the price of a 1-4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This didn't thrill me:

"The CX6 exhibited a shift of roughly 4moa down when going from 6x to 1x."

Has anyone run into this in a situation where it's a real problem? It kinda makes me think twice about buying the scope but then again I'll probably only shoot at 1x inside 40 yards. It would be less than 2" shift then and shouldn't ruin my scores on most normal sized targets.

Edited by TonytheTiger

It is common to have a shift in second focal plain scopes but the retinal in this scope takes care of it if propperly used. If you look at the reticale you should zero on 6x and use the top point of the diamond for your point of aim. Then when going to 1x you use the middle of the diamond.i have been using this scope for several months now and have had good luck with iti have tested this and find that if you use the retlcale properly you will have point of aim point of impact. This is a good quality scope if you are interested pm me and I can give you the best price.

Yeah I've spent a lot of time reading about this reticle and it seems the dual aiming point should pretty much negate the issue. Just sounds a little weird to me, I'm mostly a FFP guy but for this purpose and with the reticles ranging features it seems SFP is the way to go. That and I'm tired of non daylight bright FFP reticles disappearing on me at 1x when I need speed the most.

• 2 weeks later...