Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Where do you buy reloading supplies, inc. Primers?

benos

Seems Powder Valley is again shipping everything.. I just purchased some supplies through them.. the odd thing is that now Federal primers are the cheap ones and Winchester and Remington are more money... They also have Tula primers for a lot less money (used to be Wolf). They seem to have an adequate stock of most items now.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am also a big supporter of poweder valley..just recently ordered some wolf 223 primers and will be making an order with tula small pistol primers...i will update once i get some rounds downrange...I have had nothing but good experience with powdervallyinc

Bets

• 2 weeks later...

I am also a big supporter of poweder valley..just recently ordered some wolf 223 primers and will be making an order with tula small pistol primers...i will update once i get some rounds downrange...I have had nothing but good experience with powdervallyinc

Bets

Same here, brother!

• 1 month later...

Powder Valley has a good stock. Ordered 16k of CCI 400 this morning then found them $5/1000 cheaper at Cabela's (19.99/1000).

Problem is that Cabelas rarely has them in stock - if they do you generally have to beg one of the gun counter guys to go and find them and even then they don't know they're on sale thru their "bargain cave".

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Cheapest Place I have found is "Shooters Connections " They have brass & bullets...5000 9mm brass cases under $144.20 + free shipping

They are awseome, they ship all orders fast and correctly and the best customer service out there!!

primers too, but you have pick up @ store!

Powder Valley has been kind enough to ship 4 bulk orders (100 pounds each) of powder to me in Hawaii when other vendors could give a shit. Also bought primers from Powder Valley and Grafs shipped via UPS air. Its hard to get supplies locally, especially the good stuff like Vit N320, N105, Solo 1000, etc when the local stores only bring in a limited selection sporadically. Bullets from Precision, Precision Delta, Powder Valley, Midway, Montana Gold; anyone who has the stuff in stock.

• 3 weeks later...

A customer turned me onto Berry's Manufacturing. The sell quality plated bullets, with free shipping for orders over $50.

be

Unfortunately, they appear to be pretty pricey, now. Their 124gr JHP is actually more expensive than Montana Gold (when you buy MGs by the 3750 count case) - MG covers the shipping, too. Their 180gr .40 FMJ is slightly cheaper (about $6/K) than MG's. In .45, the difference becomes pretty notable, though - the Berry's 230gr FMJ runs about $20/K cheaper than MG. So, perhaps a good option for .45 shooters, and maybe worthwhile for .40 shooters - anyone shooting 9mm, though, not so much...

A customer turned me onto Berry's Manufacturing. The sell quality plated bullets, with free shipping for orders over $50.

be

Unfortunately, they appear to be pretty pricey, now. Their 124gr JHP is actually more expensive than Montana Gold (when you buy MGs by the 3750 count case) - MG covers the shipping, too. Their 180gr .40 FMJ is slightly cheaper (about $6/K) than MG's. In .45, the difference becomes pretty notable, though - the Berry's 230gr FMJ runs about $20/K cheaper than MG. So, perhaps a good option for .45 shooters, and maybe worthwhile for .40 shooters - anyone shooting 9mm, though, not so much...

I am not poor but I don't always have the cash on hand to buy by the case. I can buy 1000 at a time and still get free shipping. If you try to buy 1000 from MG you pay out the ass.

My m&p also seems to like the plated bullet better. It's a little bit bigger if a bullet, probably grabs the rifling better.

• 4 months later...

Montana is very good but their prices are no longer an advantage. My last three orders were from Roze in 9, 40 and 45 all JHP. Their tolerances are great and if in stock I have it in two days, of course they are only a few hundred miles away. Right now primers are anywhere from $26 - $35 for the same brand/style.

Chris

• 1 month later...

I like Powder Valley and Widners for primers and powder. I am buying Bearcreek moly coated bullets from a local here in Tucson,AZ. Prices are really good for .40 180gr, only $73 per thousand. I have had goos luck with them and they are the cheapest thing going.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Last year I did some checking before I made my yearly component order (not counting bullets, just powder and primers).

I filled out the order form with the stuff I needed on the websites of several suppliers and compared prices, including hazmat and shipping.

The final comparison went as high as $1400 to as low as $1000.

You really can't say one place is better or cheaper than another. What you can say is that it REALLY pays to comparison shop before you buy.