Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone tried to call Dillon lately?

Two weeks ago, the return spring on my 650 finally wore out (wouldn't index the shell plate). Called Dillon to see about a replacement and waited over 30 minutes on hold to speak to someone. When they finally picked up and I told the rep the problem, he gruffly discounted the notion that the spring was worn out saying "I've never seen that". I offered to send him a picture of the worn out spring (twice the length of a normal one) and told him I'd taken the spring off my other 650 (I have two) and it worked perfectly on the problem press. No other comment, he just asked me for my address. 10 days later, I received a new spring.

This past weekend I was reloading 9mm and the carbide insert came out of my sizing die. In order to beat the crowd, I thought I'd try to ring them up when they first opened up this morning. Got the recording saying I was the 37th person in que. Been on hold for now for 35 minutes and still 10 people ahead of me.

Granted, this is the first time I've called Dillon in a couple of years, their stuff is the best. It just seems their customer service, wait time and demeanor of representation, has fallen off considerably since I contacted them last. Wondering if I have been unlucky with my timing of calls and who I've spoken to or is this the new Dillon CS?

I have never called them in 20 years. Everytime I have ever needed a replacement part I just sent an email. Every time including just this past year they sent the part never any questions. Thus I can not comment on the phone wait time like I said I have never called for a replacement part.

Edited by farmland

Might need to e-mail them from now on. They've got a comment on their website that says it will be "several days" before e-mails are read or responded to.

Don't get me wrong, its been two years since I've needed anything replaced and I reload a ton of rifle and pistol rounds with my 650s and 550. Their stuff is the best. I also know they were overwhelmed during the craziness after the Sandy Hook incident in late 2012 just like the rest of the reloading industry. It just seems to me that a 30-45minute wait to speak to someone is not consistent with their otherwise stellar customer service. That's why I wondered if my timing has been bad or if that's just the way it is these days.

Two weeks ago, the return spring on my 650 finally wore out (wouldn't index the shell plate). Called Dillon to see about a replacement and waited over 30 minutes on hold to speak to someone. When they finally picked up and I told the rep the problem, he gruffly discounted the notion that the spring was worn out saying "I've never seen that". I offered to send him a picture of the worn out spring (twice the length of a normal one) and told him I'd taken the spring off my other 650 (I have two) and it worked perfectly on the problem press. No other comment, he just asked me for my address. 10 days later, I received a new spring.

This past weekend I was reloading 9mm and the carbide insert came out of my sizing die. In order to beat the crowd, I thought I'd try to ring them up when they first opened up this morning. Got the recording saying I was the 37th person in que. Been on hold for now for 35 minutes and still 10 people ahead of me.

Granted, this is the first time I've called Dillon in a couple of years, their stuff is the best. It just seems their customer service, wait time and demeanor of representation, has fallen off considerably since I contacted them last. Wondering if I have been unlucky with my timing of calls and who I've spoken to or is this the new Dillon CS?

I have called them twice in the past two weeks. The first, I got an agent that was more dismissive and less helpful and got me the bare minimum of what I needed. The second time, the agent couldn't have been nicer, more helpful, took my order without issue, answered my questions and was very helpful with a couple of extras I needed (that the first agent dismissed the week prior).

Wait times were similar (started out 3X in queue but I got to the front of the line in under 30 minutes I believe each time).

I called them just last week to order a new pair of electronic hearing muffs.Had to wait about 5 min.but you get a phone with speaker and when they answer just talk..I know I could order them on internet but I was trading an old pair for credit.New ones should be here this week.

I've called them twice in the past 3 weeks. Both times I was 25 or higher in line. The last call I waited 50 minutes before I was able to speak to anyone. I wouldn't say they were rude, but I found it difficult to explain the problem I was having without them interrupting and speaking over me. After I hung up I realized I didn't even get to mention one salient point, but damned if I was calling back to "try" to mention it. Perhaps a result of them wanting to hurry things along (and shorten the ridiculously long queue times). The only thing lacking in the experience was a poor grasp of english and a heavy foreign accent by the operator. That would have made it a perfect mirror of every other "support" call I've ever made.

Mondays are always the busiest day of the week. Suggest emailing us, and include your address, and we will mail one to you.

Thanks for the response. One of the many things that always impressed me with Dillon in the past was the customer service you could get over the phone. Most of the technicians I've spoken to actually worked on the production lines and knew the machines inside and out. Very helpful in trouble shooting when I first got into this game almost 20yrs ago.

I'll e-mail from now on when I need a replacement part.

I always email... haven't called in years. I always include a photo or two with the email.

The last two service issues I've had the parts actually got to me BEFORE I got a reply email saying that the parts were on the way.

I called the other day to have my military discount added to my account so I could order my new 650. I waited on the phone for over 30 minutes... It if did not save me over $100 there is no way in heck I would have been on the phone that long.

The guy that I finally talked to was very nice and did everything he could, and even waited on the phone for the email to go through just to verify for me they received it.

Funny talk about replacements parts and I had to order some today. My failsafe shoulder washer broke which resulted in stripping the failsafe rod along with a 380 station one locator that had the top rim pull off.

I put my request in by email and I noticed that there was a 7 to 14 day respose time for emails do to the amount of emails.

A good test to see how their responce time for their warrenty works. How long will I be down? In the past I would have parts in just under a week. I will let you know how long it took for an email request.

I called the other day to have my military discount added to my account so I could order my new 650. I waited on the phone for over 30 minutes... It if did not save me over $100 there is no way in heck I would have been on the phone that long.

Man I wish I would have known that. I know Brian doesn't offer mil discounts but shipping is way cheaper from him. I'm going to have to add that to my acct. I want to order about $500 in conversion kits and misc accessories.

Funny talk about replacements parts and I had to order some today. My failsafe shoulder washer broke which resulted in stripping the failsafe rod along with a 380 station one locator that had the top rim pull off.

I put my request in by email and I noticed that there was a 7 to 14 day respose time for emails do to the amount of emails.

A good test to see how their responce time for their warrenty works. How long will I be down? In the past I would have parts in just under a week. I will let you know how long it took for an email request.

Maybe I can let you know about warranty lead times. . I placed a request for a new primer disc indexing arm and spring as my current arm has a crack and started to not advance the plate. That was on Monday 3/31/2014.. the guy I spoke with said he would make sure the parts got packed that day as I told him I really needed it to load for a 3gun match that next Sunday. .. So as of today 4/8/2014 it is STILL not here.I will let you know when I do/If get them .

I just wanted to add to what's already been said. I have had to call several times in the last two weeks. The wait times are significantly longer in the morning. When I called in the late afternoon I did not have to wait nearly as long. I think a lot of east coasters start calling them right as they open and just swamp their lines.

I do find a little disconcerting that they have that many warranty calls a day.?

Who said they were all warranty calls? I have called to place an order and many surely have called to ask a question, diagnose a problem, etc.

And who knows what percent of calls they are versus the number of machines and products they have in the marketplace.