Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tested my new Benchmade... On myself.

Vanniek71

So last year I was shooting a local major USPSA match, just finished first stage of the day and was cleaning my mags. One is particularly fussy so I used my new knife to pop the spring to get the baseplate to release. I had never carried that knife so I forgot all about it after cleaning my mag and shooting the breeze a bit. Reached in to my range bag and felt a sensation like someone flicked me... Thought I got stung, so as I was looking in my range bag I noticed blood pouring all over my gear. That brand new nice shiny Benchmade had fallen in to my bag sharp side up and I jammed my finger in to it.

It was clear to the bone, and I should have gotten stitches ASAP. But I was at a shooting event! So with a first aid kit a fellow shooter had, I bandaged it up and got it to stop pouring, and shot on! Managed to win my division too, but man it was a sore the rest of the match.

My hotel looked like a murder scene when I unwrapped it to change the bandages that first night. 3 days later and about half a tube of superglue I got it to stop bleeding.

I hate stitches so much I waited it out LOL.

Not smart I know, but it has worked for me 3 times now.. Forehead, palm, and finger all fixed with some superglue and sheer stubborness!

post-41978-139632631044_thumb.jpg

Edited by Vanniek71

Don't feel bad. Heal quick.

Back in September I got a new Benchmade and almost cut a slice off the side of my index finger about 1/4" by 3/8", all within an hour of opening the box.

Left it hanging by a teensy flap of skin.

I once fileted myself on some knife in a display case. Still have the scar.

I used to have a Spyderco in my range bag but I switched it out to a Leatherman tool in part because of the slicing danger. I have cut myself on the Leatherman, though. :P

I had the pleasure of going to the SHOT show a few years ago. At the Lansky sharpener booth they were giving out a bandaid holder already filled with bandaids. I thought that there was marketing genius.

I made sure to get some to take home to my father-in-law. He no longer lets me sharpen his knives because he said they're too dangerous when I get done with them.

I think it was 2010, getting gear ready for RM3G, opened my Benchmade to check the blade, slipped and sliced open my trigger finger right on the trigger pad. Superglue got me through the match, but it throbbed a lot for the first few days.

Hope it heals fast.