Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Why are Salomon shoes so popular for shooters?

JPG

I know a lot of guys wear them to shoot USPSA and IDPA both. They are pretty much the closest thing you can get to wearing cleats in IDPA, and they are considered trail shoes so they are legal. I bought them as shooting shoes, and wear them daily now. Super comfy and easy to wear.

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to clarify, these are NOT available in wide widths right? I have never seen any listed if they are. I wear Adidas cleats because I could get them wide. They are light and comfortable for a cleat but I like the idea of a shoe.

I was planning on getting these but some say they wear really quick. How many seasons can you get out of these with light to medium use.

I wear mine daily and have had them about 8-9 months. And by daily I mean to work, out with the fam ect. I am just now getting some wear on the tread.

Nike Landsharks, good enough for Dave, good enough for me:

Sevigny_Dave_Rimfire-1.jpg

Looks like Sports Authority is selling them for a whopping $48.

A local payless or famous type shoe store always has deals about every August just in time for the kids going back to school, buy one pair of shoes, get another pair of whatever at 1/2 off.

EDIT: I am not a sponsored shooter.

Edited by Chills1994

The biggest thing I like about them, other then the all day comfort and light weight, is that they keep the fine sand at our ranges out of my socks and toes. With other shoes, the sand would get in between my toes and rub them raw.

I use the SC3 for the same reasons; traction and comfort. I have used Land Sharks and Corner Blitz, and while they both offered good traction, they felt like I was wearing them inside out after a day long match. Long term comfort sucked.

Promotive

Google it

You have to become a qualifying member. Originally designed as a pro deal distributor for military/ fire/ police, however many other professionals qualify such as NRA instructors.

Once accepted Solomon is just one of the many sponsors that will give you epic pro deals (50% off)

So who can get the USPSA to sign up as a member and get us the discounts?

I suspect It would take top management to get the USPSA and its membership linked up with pro motive. I believe Any company or group can do it(just a guess, I'm not affiliated with them in any way). Trouble is that I believe it is up to each participating company to decide which "groups" they want to provide pro pricing to.

Ultimately I'd say get logged in and see....

Good luck!

Anyone wore both speedcross and mudclaws and can compare the two?

Yup.

I love the feel of the SC but they don't last for me. I burn through a pair a season. Been through 3 pair. The Mudclaw's, however, just down right take a beating and I am on my second season with no discernible wear. They are almost as light and pretty close as far as comfort. If I could have the Solomon upper and the Mudclaw lower I would have my ideal shooting shoe.

Edited by StraightUp_OG

I wear the SC3 and I have wide feet. I just went up a half size.

+1

I too have wide feet. I bought one full size larger, from Zappos, knowing I could easily return them. It took two weeks of wearing them, for short periods of time, to turn them into the most comfortable shoes I own.

For me, they have become my primary foot ware . . . not just something I step into on match day. I wear them while cutting the grass, making quick trips to town and my daily walks. I always wear them during dry fire, which has been harder on them than anything else (concrete floor). Why, there are even small paint spots on them, from painting garage doors :roflol:

A new pair every year for me.

Edited by Reshoot

Well I have succumbed to my curiosity - I've ordered the Salomon Speedcross 3, XA Pro (goretex), and the inov8 mud claws from Zappos. Gotta love free returns!

I bought a pair of SpeedCross 3's for competition and found them so comfortable that I bought another pair of XA Comp7's for "normal" wear. They do not have cleats but feature an aggressive pattern on the bottom that works well in snow and gravel. I wear them for indoor competition on the concrete during winter months.

BC

salomon-xa0comp7-hike-sh-pewterautobahn-