Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Why are Salomon shoes so popular for shooters?

JPG

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't wear them because I can't get wide widths but they are light, breathable, great traction, dry fast, easy off easy on minimalist shoes. I think they also sponsor Rudy so that probably explains some of it

I can't wear them because I can't get wide widths but they are light, breathable, great traction, dry fast, easy off easy on minimalist shoes. I think they also sponsor Rudy so that probably explains some of it

My feet are about as wide as they are long and New Balance is the only company that makes athletic shoes I can wear.

basically any kind of trail running shoe is what is ideal for IPSC/USPSA. nike make (or did make) an air pegassus 29+ trail which was great. saloman speed cross 8 are really popular and the innov8 shoes are gaining popularity now too. basically if it's a shoe designed for trails it will be good for IPSC. some wear cleat which are great in grass or muddy ground, but if you have a bridge or some hard wood surface in the stage they can be deadly. trail shoes offer a great balance between grass/mud grip, loose surface grip while still being ok on hard surfaces. golf shoes are ok, but have stiff bases as they are designed for standing still traction, not running around. regular running shoes are no good. cleats have the limitations I mentioned. trail shoes are really the best option for all round performance.

Why? They are the lightest, most comfortable shoe I have ever shot in. Seriously!

There is one down side, with the Salomon Speed Cross 3 . . . walk through dew covered grass and your socks are soaked :huh:

I have one screwed together ankle, a replaced left knee and a bad right knee. Salomons are the only ones I have found that do not kill my feet and ankle on all day matches. The first pair I bought were a pukey looking green as that is all I could find in my size. They were ugly but comfortable. I just ordered another pair in a color called dark cloud.

Why? They are the lightest, most comfortable shoe I have ever shot in. Seriously!

There is one down side, with the Salomon Speed Cross 3 . . . walk through dew covered grass and your socks are soaked :huh:

Use KIWI water proofing spray. It's a must for early morning range setup in dew.

I have 3pr Inov8 & 3 Salomon"s. the Inov8s are the lightest but the Salomon are the most comfortable. The Inov8's get so light 4 stages and I feel like I've been shooting with socks only. I order then light so it my fault. Lol both are great. The Gortex in the Inov8s is awesome. Can't beat dry sox...

Hello: They are very comfortable and clean up easily. They do make a cold winter weather shoes that stay dry with Goretex. I use a pair of those for my before and after skiing shoes. They are a mid cut shoe and protect my ankles when setting up stages. One pair of Salomon's I have had for 4 years now and they still look new. Thanks, Eric

Promotive

Google it

You have to become a qualifying member. Originally designed as a pro deal distributor for military/ fire/ police, however many other professionals qualify such as NRA instructors.

Once accepted Solomon is just one of the many sponsors that will give you epic pro deals (50% off)

I used to wear Addidas Corner Blitz for shooting. By the end of the day my feet were aching, and if I worked the match there was no way I could wear them 3 or 4 days in a row. I switched to the Salomon and my feet feel as good at the end of a 4 day match as they would if I spent the weekend on the sofa.

Like others have said, they are light and extremely comfortable, while offering good traction. They also use a lacing system that can't come untied, which is a small but nice feature.

Promotive

Google it

You have to become a qualifying member. Originally designed as a pro deal distributor for military/ fire/ police, however many other professionals qualify such as NRA instructors.

Once accepted Solomon is just one of the many sponsors that will give you epic pro deals (50% off)

So who can get the USPSA to sign up as a member and get us the discounts?

Promotive

Google it

Thanks for this, signing up now