Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone have the Burris AR-1X

Nuke8401

RIP prismatic. I still love mine, but a few horizontal stadia would have been killer.

That Rhino rifle is amazing. I mean I have shot and built a bunch of AR's, but something about this one is special.

It really shoots soft and flat! Having tested a bunch of comps, I figured I would at least change out the factory one...but HECK NO

I am not changing a thing! (well I did remove the ambi safety lever from the right side) I love this carbine!

Are you still using CMC triggers?

That rifle is as built. Rhino Arms trigger.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fair enough. Thank you, Mark. I am used to thinking in terms of moa. Don't know why, just seemed to be easier for me. My only formal training has been running around hunting in the back country of western Pa, that's not too formal?. Was the decision to use mils more of a personal choice, or because it would be more accepted in military circles?

I hope they don't stop making the current one. I am perfectly happy as it is.

I agree... while I would prefer a couple of small changes to the reticle. I can honestly say that the current one gets the job done very well. If I miss... it ain't the scopes fault.

Good to hear Mark. And guys waiting for the new....you can win the the old just fine.

Don't waste too much time thinking about doing.

But what will we have to blame when we don't win with that attitude. :ph34r:

I want one of these sights for my rifle but its probably going to be around the time the new design is maybe coming out before I can get one. Hopefully I will have lots of choice when its time to lay my money down.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have 2 of this in stock. 1 new in box and one was on my own rifle. I shot 2 matches with it, works very well. black worked better on the colored targets and the red was great in the shade. I would sell both , $325.00 for the new one and $295.00 for the used one plus shipping.

LongRanger

• 2 weeks later...

I'm interested in getting a 1x sight and just noticed this one. How does this fare against the vortex spitfire 1x, and perhaps even a reflector 1x sight like an aimpoint (I know the technical differences, but how do they shoot)?

I have the spitfire and the Burris ar1x. I prefer the Burris for 3 gun, simply due to the long-range capability but other than that they are pretty similar in my eyes. I put the vortex on my steel challenge 15/22 and that is a dream come true. Both optics are bright and hold zero well. I guess to be simple the only real difference I noticed was the Burris takes a AA battery which is great, and the reticle is a lot friendlier for distance targets on the Burris. Ran like a champ this last Saturday at our monthly match, Pat Kelley had graciously lent a Co2 powered pop-up target to the match, set up at 250 yards, and it wasn't obscured by the center dot.

Hope that helps.

Edited by Mpikomy