Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Connector Comparison

zachvu

When I started swapping around Glock parts, and trying to de-Glock the Glock trigger, I had a hard time finding any type of comparisons on connectors. Now that I've had a good amount of exposure to most of the popular connectors, I thought I'd write up a little synopsis for anyone else facing the same dilemma of which items to purchase! It is also worth noting that the testing was completed in a gen 3 Glock 35. I tested the same connectors in a gen 4 G35, with very similar results except where noted.

Glock Stock Connector - As you can guess, this connector was extremely crisp, but also extremely heavy. I polished the connector to a mirror shine, and it felt the same. I took another stock connector, stoned it to smooth and flatten all surfaces, polished, and still felt about the same.

Glock Dot Connector - This connector reduced the trigger pull almost the same amount as the Ghost connectors, but provided a ridiculously crisp and predictable break. I was okay with the slightly heavier pull weight because the break felt so clean.

Ghost - The Ghost connector was the first connector I tried. I really liked the Ghost Rocket, because of the DIY fitting of the overtravel stop. This made for a much shorter trigger reset, as well as a significant reduction in pull weight. After installing an overtravel stop into the housing, the rocket was no longer required, and I tried the Ghost 3.5. This connector felt about the same, without the overtravel stop on the connector. The Ghost line of connectors was a good balance between weight and feel. The break was okay and the pull weight was a bit less.

Taran Tactical Innovations - Taran's connector provided one of the lightest breaks out of any of the connectors. However, I didn't like the overall feel of the trigger. I didn't like the fact that I couldn't tell when the trigger was going to break. I know some people prefer the "surprise trigger break" feel, and I understand how and why it works, but for me, I didn't care for the feeling. It felt a little more like what I would describe as a rolling break. The one thing I did like is that pull weight was smooth throughout the trigger pull. This may have been the reason behind the rolling feeling, and I may prefer something that provides a little more feedback prior to breaking. I think this could be the ticket for many people, I just preferred the slight increase in pressure before the break. **The break for this connector felt much better in a gen 4 than it did in a gen 3**

Zev Tech - The ZevTech V4 Race Connector worked very well for me. I had heard some negative reviews, and feedback that was less than flattering, so I was hesitant to purchase another connector. However, after installing the V4, I couldn't have been happier! The pull weight was significantly dropped, similar to that of the TTI connector, but the trigger still had a slight spike in weight/feel prior to breaking the shot. Again, this is a personal preference, but I really liked the overall feel of this trigger.

Springs - Along with my quest to find the "perfect" Glock trigger setup, I also tried many of the spring kits offered. In reality, they're all pretty much the same thing. With all of the kits, the safety plunger spring was great, trigger return spring worked well in most cases, and firing pin spring worked for a little while. As soon as the lighter spring started to become worn, setting off hard cupped primers like Tula's became an issue. With CCI primers, which are also supposed to be pretty hard, I didn't have any issues. This may be a primer issue more so than a spring issue, but I haven't done enough testing to conclude.

Please also share your experiences below, so others may benefit from it!

With my research and any other out there the 2.5-3lb GLOCK trigger leaves us with primer reliability and that is the name of the game with the GLOCK. The reliability rides on the primer when a light trigger is wanted. Our disclaimer states it plainly and the big name GLOCK shooters know it too. Federal is number 1 Winchester is 2nd and CCI is 3rd. Our system uses a factory modified connector or a Ghost standard 3.5 that we tune to ea kit and the only other connector I'll recommend to our customers is the TTI.

As a trigger kit seller of my own work I can not use a connector from a company selling their own drop in kit as well I don't think they would appreciate that so I have stepped away from Zevs connector.

But even with a that said it still relies on Primers

• 11 months later...

Has anyone noticed the TTI connector is a tad longer than all the others, making the break farther back? ie, trigger bar travels all the way back until the striker releases, so much so that you can't use any type of over travel screw or the gun won't fire.

My connector of choice has changed since this last post of mine. We use the LoneWolf now but I have a couple more im testing. The TTI connector is about .010" longer and some guns that you speak of can be a slight issue but if the reset is quick and snappy and the trigger breaks at the rear anyway then its no big issue. There are many ways to change where the trigger will break.

I have a G17 g4 and G35 g4. The G17 has the stock trigger and I put the Zev trigger springs and race connector in it. I love how much lighter the trigger pull is. However, the reset seems a little longer than stock. If I could get a shorter reset with the same pull weight I would be very happy! When comparing the two triggers above I did like the shorter reset of the stock trigger.

It seemed to me that the lone wolf 3.5 connector worked much better in a gen 3 vs gen 4. In the gen 4 it seemed mushy and barely reduced pull weight. In the gen 3 , the reset seemed better than stock and dropped the pull weight by at least 1 pound with a smoother break.

It seemed to me that the lone wolf 3.5 connector worked much better in a gen 3 vs gen 4. In the gen 4 it seemed mushy and barely reduced pull weight. In the gen 3 , the reset seemed better than stock and dropped the pull weight by at least 1 pound with a smoother break.

Your Gen 3 came with a 5.5# connector so the 4.5# connector should reduce the trigger pull approximately 16 oz.

Your Gen 4 came with a 5.0# connector so the 4.5# connector should reduce the trigger pull approximately 8 oz.

Your Gen 3 came with a 5.5# connector so the 4.5# connector should reduce the trigger pull approximately 16 oz.

Your Gen 4 came with a 5.0# connector so the 4.5# connector should reduce the trigger pull approximately 8 oz.

My gen 4 trigger was checked on digital and thr manual gauge by 3 people . Came back around 7.7#. It had the ". " connector. My gen 4 21 also has the "." and trigger right around. 6#. My gen 4 26 also "." Around 6.5#. I used the lw 3.5 connector in thd gen 4 19 and trigger is still heavy at 7#. The gen 3 glock 22c was polished better and had a non tested estimate of close to 5#. With the glock. 22c I changed the connector not expecting much. It was noticeably lighter. With the zev spring kit the 5 pull average was 3.41#(lowest 3.01 to highest 3.74. I am not sure if these are normal true readings or not.

I've tried a few...bought online, 'smithed myself, etc.

The stock connector polished....ehh...nothing really there. I did "thin" it out a bit which did decrease trigger pull and still gave a decent break.

The Lone Wolf connector was ok. It was smooth, but not as light as I thought.

The Zev V4 race connector was the best of the bunch. Light, consistent pull with a very crisp and predictable break.

I too have tried multiple spring sets including stock springs cut down, etc.

The 2 BEST OPTIONS I'VE FOUND:

1) Zev V4 race connector with the Zev competition spring pack - this gave a light pull, VERY crisp break, and great trigger overall.

2) glocktriggers.com THE EDGE - this is what I run currently. LOVE THIS TRIGGER! very similar to my option #1 above but seems crisper.

Z-

I've tried a few...bought online, 'smithed myself, etc.

The stock connector polished....ehh...nothing really there. I did "thin" it out a bit which did decrease trigger pull and still gave a decent break.

The Lone Wolf connector was ok. It was smooth, but not as light as I thought.

The Zev V4 race connector was the best of the bunch. Light, consistent pull with a very crisp and predictable break.

I too have tried multiple spring sets including stock springs cut down, etc.

The 2 BEST OPTIONS I'VE FOUND:

1) Zev V4 race connector with the Zev competition spring pack - this gave a light pull, VERY crisp break, and great trigger overall.

2) glocktriggers.com THE EDGE - this is what I run currently. LOVE THIS TRIGGER! very similar to my option #1 above but seems crisper.

Z-

Then you would like mine ;-)

It's been a while since I've seen this thread... apparently it's become popular again!! Update on my Zev connectors, I've had some that work, and some that will not work at all in both a gen 3 and 4. I don't know if they had a bad batch or what, but some just didn't work! I've gone to all TTI connectors, and all has been well with those! When I didn't overpolish and left things stock, they were a lot more crisp and the break was clean. Slight change from the original post, but still similar!

• 2 years later...
On 2/26/2015 at 4:47 PM, dskinsler83 said:

My connector of choice has changed since this last post of mine. We use the LoneWolf now but I have a couple more im testing. The TTI connector is about .010" longer and some guns that you speak of can be a slight issue but if the reset is quick and snappy and the trigger breaks at the rear anyway then its no big issue. There are many ways to change where the trigger will break.

Why do you choose the lone wolf?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

I have tried a number of different connectors on my G17 GEN5, G40 GEN4 and G43 GEN4. The Ghost Edge 3.5 lbs., the LWD 3.5 lbs., the OEM Glock (-) and (.) connectors. The take up and break on the Ghost Edge 3.5 lbs. connector are great and I replaced the OEM Glock (-) connector in my G40 with this one. Many people do not like that the "wall" after the take up and before the break is gone, but I like it! I wish the take up could still be shorter, but with standard Glock trigger geometry this is about as good as it gets. I installed the LWD 3.5 lbs. connector in my G17 GEN5. The LWD 3.5 lbs. connector and the Ghost Edge 3.5 lbs. are the best drop in connectors I have tried. The Ghost Edge has the best take up of both and is super smooth. I wouldn't want it to be any lighter or it would be too light for carry and self defense. The take up of the LWD is not as smooth and requires more pull than the Ghost Edge. One characteristic where the LWD shines significantly over the Ghost is the reset. It has by far the shortest and crispest reset and is much better than the Ghost. If LWD could combine the pull and smoothness of the Ghost Edge with the reset of their LWD 3.5 lbs. it would be by far the very best connector of all there are. I would definitely recommend it as it is, but maybe LWD engineers are reading these reviews. In the end I would chose the LWD 3.5 lbs. over the Ghost because reset is more important than pull and break to me.

I like the Ghost once I got it dialed in. At first I had issues with it. I would pull the trigger and then have to pull a little more. Finally I got the overtravel right and I stopped having problems with it hanging up. Much better then oem on my 17. I don't think I'd like it if it was any lighter.