Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PractiScore Desktop API

ZackJones

Ken,

Have you guys considered writing/releasing an API for PractiScore? I was thinking about it this morning. It would be nice to have an API so that if a desktop developer wanted to they could write an application that could communicate directly with PractiScore tablets. One idea for an application would be a score board - run an application on a PC that pulls in scores from the tablets and then displays them for score verification purposes.

Zach... As we do Website 2.0, there will be an API made available to get at stuff. The first consumers will be USPSA and 3GN doing what they need for their members.

I don't envision this as direct to or from the device.

For your particular example, We will be writing scoreboard stuff this year. It will be web/cloud hosted but flow through to mobile, desktops, and smart TVs (ones with embedded browsers, or devices like Apple TV, Roku, or Android mini PCs like Chromecast). We did an early variant of this for 3GN last year, and will improve on it this year.

Ken N.

Now, we will also be adding a master syncher tool, probably expanding on the current PS exporter. That will get score logs from devices, and act as a constant consolidation/backup system for ranges that have . It will be cross platform, running on PC, Mac, and Linux.

For your particular example, We will be writing scoreboard stuff this year. It will be web/cloud hosted but flow through to mobile, desktops, and smart TVs (ones with embedded browsers, or devices like Apple TV, Roku, or Android mini PCs like Chromecast). We did an early variant of this for 3GN last year, and will improve on it this year.

THAT'S interesting!

Zach... As we do Website 2.0, there will be an API made available to get at stuff. The first consumers will be USPSA and 3GN doing what they need for their members.

If you need any beta testers let me know. I did web development on the .Net platform for years before migrating to SQL Server DBA position.

Edited to add: I can also test the new master sync application on Win and Mac as well.

Edited by ZackJones

Ken,

While the cloud is easy and cool for the scoreboard and I like it, can you make that master syncher do it too? So many ranges don't have internet..... Maybe make that master synch provide the competitor app data synch too.....

Thanks,

Jim

We may share a MAMP / WAMP setup to model cloud services on local wifi. It's what we use to model them local before pushing updates. BUT that is big if... Limited time and if a range can get range wide wifi, it seems easy to stick internet on it. I know I know...some places got no signal, I understand, but limited time and gotta make choices.