Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STI Edge40 SW

Tubguy

• 5 months later...

I use an STI Edge in 3gun with 10lb ismi spring/aluminum buffers/17lb mainspring. AA&A minor 40s&w. No malfunctions. Excellent shooting pistol and very accurate! Love the gun.

• 2 years later...

Standard one piece guide rod, as well as a wolf 12# variable recoil spring in 40sw always worked really well for me. I sold my edge and now shoot a 9mm custom STI, but always likes the feel of 12# variable (not standard) from wolf. 

Edited by IFlynn

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi guys, I have an Apeiro, a 1911 Apeiro to be exact.  At any rate, I want to go to a 1 piece guide rod with 13 pound spring.

So, I ordered an egw guide rod with the hole/follower, and a Wolff 13 pound spring. 

But, I cannot get it to work.  I put the spring on the guide rod, then compressed the spring with the follower, then captured the compressed spring with a paper clip.  Where I'm running into trouble is putting the slide stop back in.  So, I can get the slide stop back in initially.  But, the slide will not go back to the half moon slot.  The 2 times I tried it, it took so much force that I broke both paper clips, and the follower goes flying into the air, along with the paper clip.

My 1911 Apeiro is in .45ACP.   What am I doing wrong?  Or should I need to use a reverse plug.  My Apeiro with the current recoil master has no bushing. 

Edited by Sigke
Added info