Is the Accu-Shadow worth the extra money$

stickboy44

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm having a shadow built, just wondering if it's worth the extra money for the accu-shadow

IMHO, if you're a middle of the road competitor, it's probably not worth the extra money. You won't notice the difference. Buy the CZC with the short reset trigger - you WILL notice that difference.

Can someone define what it is that is gained by the Accu-Shadow bushing over a regular Shadow? Are we talking 1" tighter groups at 25 yards or something more significant than that?

Not having benched the gun, I shot a 10 shot 2" group at 25 yards standing.

It seemed to have less propensity for flyers too...

What was it... Something like 2" at 50 yds is the claim. That is pretty darn good.

To me just having it and ready to go on the production list is worth it. What if they stop making it and the only way you can get it is as an "add on" and now it's not "technically legal". Get it.

A local gun shop has a few in stock and I checked them out. These guns are truly awesome. I just cannot believe the trigger. It feels like my customized 2011 trigger. I will be owning one. The absolute perfect Production gun or IDPA ESP. I believe it is legal for ESP?

"Ransom Rest testing at 50 yards with Fiocchi 125 JHP (A ZERO bullet) has proved group of less than 3” compared with a factory new gun at about 5.0”. At 25 yards the groups were around 1.2” a one-hole group"

That's quoted from the CZ Custom Shop. Just got mine and shot it for a USPSA production classifier. Extremely accurate compared to my CZ 75 Shadow. If you get the Accu Shadow from the custom shop it will come with the CZC SHRT reset trigger system, amazing trigger, very short reset. The best gun you can get for shooting Production

• 2 weeks later...

Expecting mine in the next few weeks. Its been on order since Dec 23rd. Stuart thinks March at the latest. I hope its worth it, I am purchasing sight unseen, never held one, never shot one, nothing in my area so I had no choice. Grown tired of my XDM 5.25. Have yet to read a bad review.

You guys will be happy with it. I bought mine sight unseen and it has been well worth the extra coin. I just can't wait until the snow has melted and I can start taking it to some major matches.

• 2 weeks later...

I have had the Shadow Target for a few years and just got my Accushadow. The big difference really has been consistent grouping and being able to shoot tiny steel targets faster. Not sure whether anyone has had problems shooting small steel targets as I have only seen those at 3-gun matches, but I really thought it was just me before this. But it was only 90% me and 10% gun.

Got mine yesterday, put 400 rounds through it. Worth it to me, made me smile, best shooting/feeling pistol I've ever shot. People say it's the shooter, not the gun, but this gun has shrunk my groups by inches shooting at the same speed compared to my G34. Only problem I have is relearning my new index.

I got around to running some test loads today and the results have me excited. Shooting an M&P (with KKM barrel) exclusively for the past few years, Ive always wanted a platform that was more mechanically accurate. This gun is definitely more accurate. Running almost identical loads I normally run in my M&P (shortened slightly) my groups, on average, were about 1" smaller. While firing with a medium to fast cadence, I noticed how fast it was to get back on my sights and how it seemed almost effortless to track them compared to my M&P. So far I am impressed. Is it worth the money? I still dont know. If this gun proves to be as reliable as my M&P, I would say yes.

Ran the gun for the first time in a match yesterday and I am really liking it. The only issue I had was a magazine came apart during a reload. While I was seating the mag, the base pad slid off and bullets and mag guts went everywhere. Overall I am really impressed with the gun and while I am not 100% sold on its reliability, I may have some M&Ps for sale soon. :D