Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9MM +P OR MAJOR

Keepkool

I have a Glock 34 with a complete carver comp kit ( 4 port comp, KKM barrel , Carver slide.) I tried the gun out with my minor loads but up to maximum load I am still stove piping with a 11 lb spring. dose anyone have a load for Titegroup, Clays , Unique, or Accurate number 7. I have some Berry 124, 130 and 147 heads to use also. thanks in advance. Kevin

I have a Glock 34 with a complete carver comp kit ( 4 port comp, KKM barrel , Carver slide.) I tried the gun out with my minor loads but up to maximum load I am still stove piping with a 11 lb spring. dose anyone have a load for Titegroup, Clays , Unique, or Accurate number 7. I have some Berry 124, 130 and 147 heads to use also. thanks in advance. Kevin

Crazy question but have you chrono'd? I use 4.35 TG with a 124 fmj and is 133 PF from a 5 inch 1911 and my glock 34 has a faster barrel.

Crazy question but have you chrono'd? I use 4.35 TG with a 124 fmj and is 133 PF from a 5 inch 1911 and my glock 34 has a faster barrel.

Yeah, but he is running a comp that is most likely set up to run major pf loads with bunches of gas to tame the gun. I'm sure the op's minor loads are around 130 pf but thats 45 pf too weak to run the comp and get good ejection, etc.

OP,

Judging by the title of your thread it sounds like you are looking for MAJOR loads? Of the powders you listed I think only AA7 with 124 bullets will get you close. Heavy bullets are out in major 9. You need slow powders with light bullets.

as far as +P+ or whatever vs true 9MAJOR loads there is little comparison. I guess you can look up factory specs on +P 9mm with 124's. See how close it comes to 1430fps which is about what I run in 9MAJOR.

Do a search for Open Glocks on the forum and see what recoil springs those guys run. You might be close with an 11. The 2011's run 7-9 pounders in most cases.

Good luck. Based on your questions I would recommend some extensive research before diving into reloading 9MAJOR. :) If that's what you intend to do.

Yes, a 'hot' 9mm+P+ is in the 150-160PF range whereas most shooters are loading 9 Major in the 175+PF range with very different powders.

Like was mentioned above, slow powder and a relatively light bullet are what you're looking for. HS-6 is a popular powder with Glock guys; Silhouette and AutoComp are good too. The OAL is limited to ~1.145" in a Glock so I think you'll get the best results with 124gr bullets. 115s might be flatter (and more violent), but with a bigger powder charge at that short OAL you might be asking to tear that plastic frame apart.

• 3 years later...
On 1/9/2014 at 8:51 AM, Keepkool said:

Thanks for the replys , looks like ill need to get some slower powder and work up the load.

So keepkool, it's been almost 4 years since you got some slower powders. What did you find out? I am about to do the same as you with the same gun. So any info you can provide the better.

I ran 6.5grs - 7.0 of HS6 with a 124gr PD JHP to get my G34 with a similar combo and springs to run. If I remember right it was just short of major, but worked the comp. I have a G34 right now with a 2-port comp shooting minor and use 4.0grs Titegroup with a 115gr SNS RN bullet or 3.1grs with a 147, or 3.4grs with a 124. 

gerritm

I shot mostly 3-gun with this Glock so just wanted the comp to work didn't really need to make major. This was where the gun felt good and dot tracked nice. 155PF is about what I remember. Just a starting point. 

gerritm