Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2014 USPSA Area 6 Championship - It's Official

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why no cash payout this year? It payed last year.[/quot

Good guestion. They had a reandom draw at sign up. But I'm sure that was for T shirts and such? No one knew what those prizes were or who got them. So I figure tshirts and such.

Why no cash payout this year? It payed last year.

Good guestion. They had a reandom draw at sign up. But I'm sure that was for T shirts and such? No one knew what those prizes were or who got them. So I figure tshirts and such.
And guns.... And shooter connection bags... And stuff like that :). Oh, and everyone got a Gunsta shirt, NOT a t-shirt Edited by wgnoyes

Why no cash payout this year? It payed last year.

And guns.... And shooter connection bags... And stuff like that :). Oh, and everyone got a Gunsta shirt, NOT a t-shirt^

Over 400 shooters @ $160.00 match fee, Gunsta shirts for all.

First area match for me as well and was a great experience. Although from my performance I would say I need to sign up quicker to get a all day format since it took me at least two stages to warm up both days(or I should have used the warm up plates which I though was a good option to have but didn't find time to use) once again great match well run by good people.

Great match. Very challenging but getting to spend a full day shooting with my son and friends made it worth it. My son was first place D production and I was second place D production. We were the only two D class production shooters though but still I'm gonna say I was second place dammit! :)

Just wanted to say thanks to all of the sponsors, match staff, and everyone that made the match possible. The stages were fun and challenging and the Gunsta shirt is very nice. Since this was my first level 3 match, I really expected to be last in my class, but I came in 10th out of 18. I got to shoot the Polish plate rack and it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. :) Looking forward to next year!

Why would you say that a lot of guys run with the thumbs up grip. It just doesnt work for me I prefer the grip that shannon uses.

There is less than a half inch of difference between the support hand thumb in those photos. If that support hand thumb being 1/2" higher is a noticeable difference there might be other things you need to work on? It really shouldn't matter.

Why would you say that a lot of guys run with the thumbs up grip. It just doesnt work for me I prefer the grip that shannon uses.

There is less than a half inch of difference between the support hand thumb in those photos. If that support hand thumb being 1/2" higher is a noticeable difference there might be other things you need to work on? It really shouldn't matter.

There may be only 1/2" but there is more difference than just where the thumb is.

I can agree that, with a thumb rest, and in open with a comp, it should not matter but without a thumb rest (what I prefer as the grip crosses over all the divisions) when I clamp my hands together correctly my thumbs end up pointing pretty much straight forward. The bump of the knuckle on the support hand fits in the curve of my strong hand thumb pretty well and locking the two hands together at the top gives me better recoil control.

Anyway, I would love to be able to just shoot 75% of any of those guys at this point.

It simply just feels better for me, having my support thumb above my strong hand thumb just seems awkward but if it works for you and some others thats great.