Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2014 USPSA Area 6 Championship - It's Official

The 2014 Area 6 Championship will be held at the South River Gun Club in Covington GA on April 11th-13th 2014.

I know many have been awaiting the official notice and I appreciate your patience. As some may already know Donna Webb, Match Director for the 2013 match was given a new opportunity with her employer that she could not pass up. Sometimes with new opportunity comes sacrifice. With her new position she would not be able to assume the MD role again in 2014. I congratulate her and wish her the best in her new job.

There were many pieces to the puzzle for finding a new match director and team of volunteers. The factors included suitable ranges, capable clubs, teams of volunteers and the availability of all of these to come together on short notice.

I want to thank Cindy & Bill Noyes and the South River Gun Club for stepping up on short notice to accommodate our major match of the year. I have full confidence this match will be a great Area 6 match with all the elements of challenging stages, super staff and good times expected at a Level III match.

Registration will be online at http://www.matchsignup.org
The 42 winners of the 2013 State matches of Area 6 will be given first opportunity at a slot

More detailed information will be available very soon.

Jay Corn
2014 USPSA Area 6 Director

Edited by j33716

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Area 6 Matches have been held many times at South River. They were always the best Area matches. Some of the best stages designs ever and the facility is really good. I am sorry Donna is stepping down as Match Director. I don't know the new Area Director, never heard of him, and am surprised. I skipped the last two Area 6 Matches because of conflicts. If the Noyes run the match or Bruce Wells runs the match, I am sure the match will be excellent as always. Not sure about anything else. I do know some of the most creative stages I have ever seen were at Area 6, and I hope we can get one of those designers back. Some people have it, some don't. Anyway Area 6 at South River is good.

I don't know the new Area Director, never heard of him, and am surprised.

I know him. Jay Corn = Awesome.

I've gotten to watch him in roles ranging from shooter through Match Director since I started shooting this year. Jay is one of the driving forces behind USPSA at Wyoming Antelope Club which is my home club. He's also the person behind the nifty Matchsignup.org website. He's one of the unsung people who make USPSA great for the rest of us. He puts a tremendous amount of effort into the sport and making it successful at WAC and Area 6 in general.

He runs great matches so you have nothing to fear if he's one of the driving forces behind getting next year's Area 6 up and running.

• 1 month later...