Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DIY Loading port work and welded lifter

hysupra

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice job guys. If you guys notice that the m2/versamax is a lot skinnier then the mossberg. That limits you on what you can take out of course, and it makes the mossberg a lot more forgiving to little mistakes you might make.

• 1 month later...

Man that turned out really nice, I opened my loading port the other day took me about an hour and it came out very similar to what yours looks like. I tried the file thing but that sucked and took a lot longer than I wanted. I used a die grinder and then finished off with 600 grit sandpaper and I also have mirror shine. I still have to weld up the lifter.

Man that turned out really nice, I opened my loading port the other day took me about an hour and it came out very similar to what yours looks like. I tried the file thing but that sucked and took a lot longer than I wanted. I used a die grinder and then finished off with 600 grit sandpaper and I also have mirror shine. I still have to weld up the lifter.

post-51323-0-55158800-1388239320_thumb.j

I like it and have no regrets, the edge on the trigger guard was a sharp 90 and at times was irritating me. Now everything has a nice bevel and really smooth.

I did the same to mine, I just didn't do as much or put the grove in.the middle. Might have to go back and do that too. I found, since the JM load port is short, that my shell rims were hitting the trigger guard once I started loading quads. Smoothing out the edge helped.

I think now I need to open up the front of the port a little more to really make quads easy.