Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tell one on your wife

When I was young and still courting my wife I wanted a Walther PPK/S in stainless. She pitched a fit and said I had enough guns....then she took me out on a date, picked a fake argument...and then leaned over to kiss and make up.... and placed the Walther in my lap. 30 years later we are still happily married. She bought me Smith & Wesson for my birthday so the magic is still working. :bow:

Last weekend I wanted to shoot the Glock match in Tallahassee, FL. We compromised and stayed in Panama City Beach. She went to the beach while I went to the match with my youngest son. Everyone had a good time.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I was young and still courting my wife I wanted a Walther PPK/S in stainless. She pitched a fit and said I had enough guns....then she took me out on a date, picked a fake argument...and then leaned over to kiss and make up.... and placed the Walther in my lap. 30 years later we are still happily married. She bought me Smith & Wesson for my birthday so the magic is still working. :bow:

Last weekend I wanted to shoot the Glock match in Tallahassee, FL. We compromised and stayed in Panama City Beach. She went to the beach while I went to the match with my youngest son. Everyone had a good time.

When I was dating, having your date stick a gun in your lap was NOT a good thing..... :surprise:

Driving around the other day, my wife plugs her phone into my charger in the car, and promptly snaps the end off of it (the end that plugs into the phone). She is all apologetic. ..I ask her how it happened...She says she bent it till it just broke off...I asked her why...She says I thought your charger could bend to 90 degrees...She has the EXACT same phone charger as mine.

Grumpy I swear I can't read your post while eating or drinking man.... This has to be some of the funniest stories I think I have ever read man. I literally busted out laughing at work after reading everyone then read it with the same response lol

Driving around the other day, my wife plugs her phone into my charger in the car, and promptly snaps the end off of it (the end that plugs into the phone). She is all apologetic. ..I ask her how it happened...She says she bent it till it just broke off...I asked her why...She says I thought your charger could bend to 90 degrees...She has the EXACT same phone charger as mine.

Grumpy I swear I can't read your post while eating or drinking man.... This has to be some of the funniest stories I think I have ever read man. I literally busted out laughing at work after reading everyone then read it with the same response lol

I really wish some of them were not true...but you can't make this stuff up...

• 3 weeks later...

My wife and I were picking tomatoes a couple days ago and she starts squealing and dancing around like something is chasing her. She started flailing her arms and I finally turn around to see what the matter is. Something is flying around in front of her face that she thought was a bee, but I saw it was red. It was a cherry tomato stuck on the end of her hair and swinging around like a paddle ball! I grabbed it to take it off to show and couldn't stop laughing! There's just nothing quite like the "Eek! There's a bee/snake" dance, ya know.

A short time after we got married a local sheriff took some of the ladies who worked in the bank shooting and discussing how to keep your home safe expressly if you lived in the country. He told them one of the things to have around the house was guineas because they make a lot of noise when someone comes around. Later that night she asked me What kind of noise does a guinea pig make?

teased my wife w milk duds. She sat on the couch one day and was complaining about the dogs in and out all day and she was tired of em getting up and whining to go out. She said one of em peed on the kitchen floor where she just cleaned it up before i got home. I said well one of em pooped on the couch, she freaks and says u gotta be kidding me, i had a milk dud in my hand and waved it in front of her face, she screamed and ran into the kitchen thinking i was gonna paint her with it,instead i looked at her and popped it into my mouth. she ran outside and hurled all over the deck...........

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

The wife brought her hair dryer to me yesterday morning. It wasn't working. So, I pause my work, take the hair dryer to the kitchen, plug it in, hit the reset on the gfci on the cord, and it comes on and works fine. She asked whay did I do. I told her I just reset the gfci. She said "I did that several times and it didn't work." She was pushing the trip switch on the gfci and not hitting the reset.

Whenever the weatherman/woman says to expect some colder than normal temperatures overnight my wife always tells me I need to set the thermostat on the heat pump at a higher temperature to make up for the colder temperatures outside.  After 40 years of marriage I've given up trying to explain why that isn't necessary.

Rereading all of these wife stories was a lot of fun.........

Four years after my first post in this thread I am still sticking to my stance of being a bigger bone head than my wife so I have no "Wife Stories" to tell............ :ph34r:

Many years ago, I was watching a football game with my wife and a couple other friends.  The camera pans over to the crowd, and someone is holding up a sign that has the letter "D" and a piece of of fence - you know, d-fence?  Well, my wife looks at me and asks, what does "D-gate" mean? 

• 6 months later...

I'll tell one on myself. We were going on a camping trip to the mountains. It was my job to pack the cooler for the trip. I decided that it would be great to not have to worry about ice for the trip, so I bought a 20lb chunk of dry ice to put in the cooler, then packed everything. we were a couple of hours from home, in her car, cooler in the back seat, when we started hearing the noises. Couldn't figure out what it was...stopped for gas, she goes to get a Pepsi from the cooler....the noises we were hearing turned out to be the Pepsi cans exploding in the cooler...then the eggs exploding in the cooler, then the mustard, then the mayo, and anything else that had a tight lid. And, to top it off, the cooler had gotten so cold, it literally froze to the cloth back seat of her car. Middle of summer, and we had to start the car, close the windows and doors, and turn the heat on and wait outside till it got warm enough to get it out of the backseat.