Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Matchsaverz detonation problem

dmshozer1

• 4 years later...
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

During dryfire practice I have actually had this happen with dummy round, matchsaver and Beretta 1301. Both times the round was left between the frame and extractor, which was penetrating into the dummy primer (silicone). Both times scared the hell out of me and made me think if I should ever use matchsaver with a live round.

Edited by Slowmisses

11 hours ago, Slowmisses said:

During dryfire practice I have actually had this happen with dummy round, matchsaver and Beretta 1301. Both times the round was left between the frame and extractor...

Yes me too, also sometimes with a magnetic port loader for empty start.

9 hours ago, Stlhead said:

If you are going to necro a thread at least pull a better one back from the dark ages.

So there is a 4 page thread about matchsaver detonation and in those 4 pages there no one has been able to to actually produce himself the situation. Then few years later there is some new information on this topic but it is not allowed to be discussed anymore because someone will be offended? By what? Could they just not open if they are not interested?

Not offended, just not entertained.  I have not seen a match saver detonation, nor ever spoken to anyone who has, or even read of anyone who has, did I miss it in this thread from 4 + years ago?   I am not a match saver fan, I think they are stupid, but the chances of one going postal and killing the shooting buddy that I have that uses one is slim enough to risk.  I bet that a loading port and a ham fisted quad is far more likely to cause a minor skin wound that becomes infected poses more risk than a match saver.  Or someone could eat at Popeye's Chicken before a match and literally die in the blue plastic fortress of solitude.  

I found this interesting, as it had never occurred to me. Glad I read it.

There is apparently a .000154 chance of getting dealt a royal straight flush.

Yet, it has happened countless times.

Not sure I would remove match saver, but I'll certainly be more careful!