Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

i phone 4 case-which one?

jeremy kemlo

I've had this one for two years:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004YM6FFY/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1379466562&sr=8-1π=AC_SX110_SY165

Has bumpers on the corners which keep the screen from spidering when you drop it on an edge. This has been tested multiple unplanned times...

A ton less bulky then the otterbox type cases. Water resistant vs waterproof is the only trade off. When I go four wheeling, I just toss it in a ziplock.

Is lifeproof the money? It looks very good. I have read a few reviews where owners of the lifeproof said that the person they were talking to complained that they (lifeproof phone) sounded echoey. I can get an otter box defender and belt clip from Walmart for $34 but it is bulky.

I tried lifeproof and like the size and protection. However, too many people complained about not being able to hear me. So, I switched to the Otterbox Defender. A tad more bulk, but now I get no complaints about the sound of the phone.

Happened to me as well. Just got a warranty replacement from LifeProof. Have to see how long it lasts.

J

My son got a lifeproof case and my daughter got an otterbox defender (just like mine). Both of them easily destroyed both in about 6 months. Mine is still perfect. My daughters fell apart due to putting it in her pocket. Otterbox was super easy to deal with for a replacement, lifeproof not so easy and never got replaced. Son now has an otterbox.

I've been using the Ballistic for about 3 yrs. I use the extra rubber case too. It is a brick though. It stays in my nail bag daily getting drowned in sawdust, rain, etc. When I do finally take the phone out of the case it looks brand new. My wife uses the Otterbox and likes it. I've never really known about any others until I read this thread. The Lifeproof looks pretty cool.

Im going to always vote otterbox for cases every since I got my first one. My brother-in-law is a cop and he put his on the roof of his cruiser when putting someone in the back. Forgot about it and drove off and didn't get to go retreive it untill 4 or 5 hours later. It had obviously bee run over a couple times, the rubber was all streatched out and torn and the hard plastic in was cracked. The iPhone didn't have a scratch on it though.

I ended up getting a life proof case. I traded $36 in 22lr for the $80 case. It has good protection but the sensitivity is much less on the screen. Speaker phone is not as good. Over all I like it. My wife has a small protective rubber case with a hard shell over the rubber. it is very slim, protects well, and with a screen protector it more sensitive than the life proof. I dont really need the case to be waterproof so if I could get a belt clip for her case I may have went that rout.

After going to the lake this week the waterproof lifeproof case came in very handy when taking pictures while getting in and out of the water. I didnt need to dry off when using the phone.