Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

EAA/Tanfoglio Chop Shop - NO SELLING OR TRADING

Yes. Obviously it depends on the bullet profile, but ironically my small frame 9mm Open gun can load 124s to 1.165"+ no problem and my Gold Team upper could only load the same bullets to 1.135".

Thanks! I am learning something new about Tanfoglios everyday...

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone has had any issues with their 9mm barrel (throat) being too short? I found three 9mm barrels that would not take bullets loaded longer than 1.100OAL...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yes depends on bullet profile...my stock ii doesnt like 147s whatsoever but i am now using 124gr xtreme round nose bullets and i am loading out to 1.145 i believe. I even tried 124 gr flat nose bullets and it doesnt like those either. so i am sticking to the round nose bullet profile.

Edited by Prov1x

I assembled my small frame Limited Pro tonight with what I think will be my final selection of parts. It could still use a little polishing, but the reset is as short as can be :)

IMG_20131111_174034_274-1_zps00ca0161.jp

I see that you've cut some CZ rubber grip panels to fit on your Tanfo frame. Did you have to cut through the metal core underneath the textured rubber to clear the built-in magwell or was there enough room at the end to be able to just cut the rubber?

Edited by Steelhead

Thanks to some parts and help from Kneelingatlas and others I have finally been able to practicaly finish my franken open gun build. The final parts were the CZC magwell, CZC mag bases and a custom built thumbrest and I have a EG extended firing pin on the way.

Here are a few more pics.

20131119_003752.jpg

20131119_003641.jpg

20131119_003459.jpg

Cheers,

Evan

Well last night i finished my open top end for my witness! Weather permiting I am hoping to get it out to the range tomorrow! Thank to kneelingatlas for the barrel and Nealio for the 170mm magazine! I know that there is wear on the comp but that was becasue the rails were different sizes and the slide was not fitting right, a little time with the file fixed that but left some shiny marks. But oh well I now have an open setup for my witness, hopefully i can get a elite limited sometime soon!

post-49553-0-49411900-1385411941_thumb.j

Edited by george76904

Im looking for a hunter top end in 10mm so if anyone buys a hunter ill buy the top end off you or i'll buy the gun vice versa, send me a PM. Gotta find some way to get my fix without having to deal with EAA and their selective item stocking practices!

I've shared some notes with Eli in the CZ forum but I figured this would be a good place for it:

I've been playing with low mass hammers since I got the new CZ race hammer on my TS

IMG_20131011_044141_094_zps866a455a.jpg

I took a stock DA/SA hammer (because I have a few kicking around), recut the hooks, cut off the spur and milled out the back with my drill press (call it a rough draft...)

IMG_20131106_184402_687-1_zps0793bbd2.jp

IMG_20131106_184432_573-1-1_zps61127ed5.

IMG_20131106_184417_226-1_zpsb6d371fe.jp

Apparently there's a point where the hammer gets light enough to induce light strikes because this setup has a stock hammer spring (~18#) and I had ignition trouble when I tried it out.

I also just picked up this IFG limited (SN 14!) which had already been worked over by a previous owner: some came up with an interesting way of removing weight from the stock heart shaped hammer

IMG_20131130_065829_913-1_zps7ef9c33c.jp

IMG_20131130_065750_135-1_zps6ffb012e.jp

It's a little thin on one side so it's already cracked in one place, but it should be OK for a while; I have let to shoot it but I'll be sure to report back...

It decreases the lock time; I don't think it matters much but all the cool guys do it :)

In all honesty, my Jericho with an 11.5# hammer spring does feel like it takes all day to fall and the bobbed hammer on my CZ pushed by a 20# hammer spring snaps like a whip.

Edited by kneelingatlas

Hey there,

So I just made a trade for a Witness comp large frame (frame only) for a large frame .45 build I'm doing. I cant seem to figure out what model gun it comes off, not that it matters just curious. It is brand new and the scope holes are from factory, any ideas?

EAAFrame.jpg

Cheers,

Evan

Kneelingatlas that a mean looking trigger on your CZ, how does it look from the back is it hollowed out or just bobbed?

Its wierd also that it is a comp frame with all the basic non comp parts, the trigger might not be original as the pin is out a bit and the return spring isn't with it.

Cheers,

Evan

Edited by Workingspy

Yah sorry your right I meant the hammer, that is one sinister looking piece. Very cool.

So I got more info on the frame. Supossedly this is a pre Limited (long slide) custom shop frame. I'm gettig more pics today maybe the serial number will help identify it.

Cheers,

Evan

Edited by Workingspy

Does the serial number start with AE? I think there were bare frames imported in the early '90s, but my two 1992 frames had a different bolt pattern (3 holes 25mm on center). Weird that its DA too, I bought one with that same short DA trigger too.

Check this site from NZ, all the comp frames except the Limited Custom look like the one I bought but they are all SA.

http://www.hayesandassociates.co.nz/tanfoglio.htm

Cheers,

Evan

Does anyone have a rear sight screw? I'm missing the one from my Match. A complete Match rear sight would work too, or maybe a Novak style fixed rear like this one:

EAA_Witness10.jpg

I'd also take the fixed rear from the Baby Eagle II or TriStar.

Edited by kneelingatlas

Does the serial number start with AE? I think there were bare frames imported in the early '90s, but my two 1992 frames had a different bolt pattern (3 holes 25mm on center). Weird that its DA too, I bought one with that same short DA trigger too.

Just got the transfer papers and yes the serial number starts with AE. I can't seem to find info anywhere in regards to EAA / Tanfoglio serial numbers.

Cheers,

Evan

Edited by Workingspy