Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

EAA/Tanfoglio Chop Shop - NO SELLING OR TRADING

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey ogiebb did you do the coating on them yourself? I see soneone mentioned Ionbond, or was it done by them? They look real nice by the way.

Cheers,

Evan

I did the prep work but they did the coating PVD..same process as ion bond

Sweet looks great, they have one close to me here in near Toronto. I'm not sure how I can get it to them if I wanted to thought, based ob our stupid tansportation laws. How did you prep them?

Cheers,

Evan

Hey ogiebb did you do the coating on them yourself? I see soneone mentioned Ionbond, or was it done by them? They look real nice by the way.

Cheers,

Evan

I did the prep work but they did the coating PVD..same process as ion bond

Sweet looks great, they have one close to me here in near Toronto. I'm not sure how I can get it to them if I wanted to thought, based ob our stupid tansportation laws. How did you prep them?

Cheers,

Evan

dremel the sharp spots and bead blasting.

A nice blank canvas a great way to start, possibilities are endless :). I would love to get my hands on a just comp frame like that, but up here hood luck finding one. Its way easier to get any Tanfoglio gun then most individual parts, sucks for the broke people like me lol.

Cheers,

Evan

Large frame Tanfoglio barrels are 15mm OD and threaded M15x0.75, small frame are 14mm threaded M14x0.75; all the CZ75 pistols (except the 75B in 9mm) are 14mm OD but CZ uses M14x1 threads. The CZ75B 9mm barrel is 12.75mm OD as well as my TriStar T120 and I assume the other TriStars are too.

In the '90s the Springfield Performance shop was using a proprietary thread for P9 barrels: .540"x40.

That's all I can think of at the moment :)

I assembled my small frame Limited Pro tonight with what I think will be my final selection of parts. It could still use a little polishing, but the reset is as short as can be :)

IMG_20131111_174034_274-1_zps00ca0161.jp

Details on the trigger work? Tell us more about this reset!!

As I'm sure you can imagine I have a lot of factory Tanfoglio/IMI parts so I just tried them in random combinations until I got what I wanted. The first trigger bar/disco combo worked great in DA, but would not reset in SA so before I removed any metal I tried a different disco.

I'm pretty excited about his compact Open project:

IMG_20131113_060203_480-1_zps5cf15339.jp

I haven't decided on all the final parts and am still waiting on the Henning mag well, but I got the C-More in the mail yesterday so I though I'd slap it together to see how everything is coming along.

Has anyone told you that you're one crazy SOB...(and I mean that in the best possible way).