Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

EAA/Tanfoglio Chop Shop - NO SELLING OR TRADING

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's like asking which kid is my favorite!?!

They each have their appeal:

All the Tanfoglio have really great checkering

the Tactical Sport has the best trigger by far

accuracy? They're all one holers with a good load.

The Canik actually has the finest machining inside and is a fantastic value

Edited by kneelingatlas

That should be a good shooter, the Dawson Comp design is very effective. I have an A-Zone on a Caspian open gun and really like it.

Looking forward to your range report!!

.38 super. 3 port barrel.

115 or 124 grain MGs with AA7/N350/or 4756 (124 grainers only). I use mostly AA7, though.

There is a picture of it in the PM we exchanged a few months ago when you were first bouncing this idea around.

I think for 9mm no ports are the way to go with the Dawson Awesome comp.

Edited by Bamboo

.38 super. 3 port barrel.

115 or 124 grain MGs with AA7/N350/or 4756 (124 grainers only). I use mostly AA7, though.

There is a picture of it in the PM we exchanged a few months ago when you were first bouncing this idea around.

I think for 9mm no ports are the way to go with the Dawson Awesome comp.

I was just looking at that PM :)

I've been playing around with 115s and 124s using HS6 and SP2; I know the 115s should be flatter with an extra grain of powder, but they seem the same, only nastier... then again maybe it's the little three port comp I have on my CZ that can't utilize anymore gas?

I guess the only way to know is to take this awesome comp out and stretch it's legs!

Judging by the load data posted by 2011 guys, it seems my setup is pretty fast; they use over a grain more powder for the same PF. I guess I'm using plated vs jacketed, sorter oals, and no barrel holes, but I'm still surprised.

Hey everybody I am considering getting a limited in .45 but I really only want the frame would anybody be interested in a slightly used limited pro slide with a FO front sight. It shows very little wear but I honestly don't know how many rounds are through it. If I was going to get this would anybody be interested in the .45 witness top-end?

Sounds like someone needs another project

Here's a sneak preview of my large frame 9mm Open Tanfo with Dawson's Awesome comp:

IMG_20140114_213911_398-1_zpsuqv5xrmr.jp

that looks cool atlas!

What mags do you run in your large frame 9mm?

Here I can't really get large frame 9mm mags. all our large frame mags are 38 super. I've been running the super mags but been thinking about puting a spacer in them, or maybe sourcing some 9mm mags. but to be honest I haven't had any feeding issues.....yet... touch wood. maybe I should just leave it be?

Here's a sneak preview of my large frame 9mm Open Tanfo with Dawson's Awesome comp:

Take a pic with the big stick in it. That's the only way you should take pics of open guns.. ;)

Take a pic with the big stick in it. That's the only way you should take pics of open guns.. ;)
Very true the only way mine has ever been pictured. In fact I think I had the big stick before I had the top end... Edited by george76904

meh, it's only the odd 'un-loaded' or 'mag inserted' starts that need the racker. otherwise in mid-stage you big open boys shouldn't be running dry with ya big sticks!

I reckon with practice there is not much between the rear pinch vs a racker. just easier to get in the heat of the moment I guess.

though even most unloaded starts you don't always have to pick up the gun and shoot from the start position. often it's pick it up, load and rack it on your way to the first shooting position. :) I like the clean look without the racker. I guess a racker on the left can help prop the gun up for table starts though.....

anyway, it looks awesome to me atlas. I always love the sideways mounted optics. makes it much easier for guys used to iron sights. I find the few times I shoot open with regular mounts I end up holding the thing too high... d'oh!