Gaming your Glock! - USPSA Production Legal Mods List

Moltke

• 8 months later...
  • Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

The Glock slide is pretty heavy so you could do some milling on the underside to remove weight, or have a Bomar style sight cut done to radically improve the rear sight and remove weight at the same time. That way you can use tungsten guide rods and grip plugs to help put weight in the frame where it needs it most.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Grip tape is production legal, but does anyone out there use it? And if so, what would you recommend?

Yes, it does. The only thing you need to know is prepping the gun before installing it. You need to clean the grip with alcohol first. Then when you apply the tape use a heat gun. These little things will slow the tape from rolling at the edges.

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

If I port the original factory slide on my Glock 17, would that take me out of Production?  I assume the answer is yes... I'm just overthinking the word "contour" as a perimeter outline, as opposed to the total shape.

BTW, I'm so happy to have found this thread.  I'm 2 months into USPSA and already considering jumping into Limited just so I could enjoy making some mods. But, it looks like I have plenty of tinkering in Production, yet to do. 

On 3/10/2017 at 3:20 PM, InvictusManeo said:

If I port the original factory slide on my Glock 17, would that take me out of Production?  I assume the answer is yes... I'm just overthinking the word "contour" as a perimeter outline, as opposed to the total shape.

BTW, I'm so happy to have found this thread.  I'm 2 months into USPSA and already considering jumping into Limited just so I could enjoy making some mods. But, it looks like I have plenty of tinkering in Production, yet to do. 

Answering my own question... upon further review, the rules are pretty clear that there is no machining of the slide except to affix sights.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/14/2017 at 10:20 PM, taxil343 said:

I really like the Warren Tactical non-Sevigny sights. Great on competition and carry guns. 

I'll have to take a look at those.  Thanks. 

Wanted to get the Dawson's, but my G19 is running double duty FOR NOW.