kimel

• 7 years later...
  • Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Since I wear muffs a lot of the time I switched to Smith Aegis Echos and then shortly after that so did a lot of the people I shoot with.

You get more protection out of your muffs, less tension headaches, great lenses, and most importantly amazing levels of protection. Lucky gunner did a test and they stopped up to a 22 short direct shot.

http://www.luckygunner.com/labs/eye-protection-shooting-glasses-review/

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

I had problems with glasses falling off my face or moving around and being a distraction. I bought a pair of Oakley flak jackets which are made to stay put while moving. I really like them and they are very comfortable.

• 3 months later...

Any opinion on lens colors?

There are a bunch of threads on lens colors already. Should be a pretty easy search. Probably read them all and find some variation of red is the overall choice for most.

• 1 month later...

I have been issued oakleys, ess, Willey X, various other brands. I am incredibly OCD on my glasses, any smudge/mark/scratch will eat at me in idle time. Here is my thoughts

Bright light, Oakley... black iridum polarized, the colors pop, great clarity

Greyish/overcast/indoors... again oakly prizm, very good mix of making colors brighter while filtering the sun rays that hurt your eyes.

Low light/indoors.... any clear or light oakly prism/pink really when you are her the biggest issue is anti fog... nothing fixes it "cat crap" helps (please don't go rubbing cat feces on your lenses) but in a humid environment, it is just damage control

Frames... that again is personal preference but again MY results, #1 oakly radar, round frame, but best fit fir MY face, the frame is rounded just enough that it is comfy under ear pro and a helmet. Followed by Oakley M frame 3.0... the flat arms of the 3.0 are great under ear pro, but the rounded angle of them is extreme and the flat points dig into my head wear the round points of the radars don't

The ess are made by Oakley and very similar, the only ones that would stick out ate the ones that look like Oakley gas cans, but i prefer a fully coverage z87 lense, my eyes and my 20/10 vision are to damn important

Edited by evilbeef54

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

ordnance_new_tactical-100x52.jpg

I use Tifosi. They started as a cycling type glass and are now getting into other markets. These Tifosi Ordnance just came out and are some of the best eyewear I've used. I wear these everyday over my issued Oakley's and ESS. The high contrast red lens is awesome.

I just got the Oakley ballistic M frame 3.0, they are nice and flat on the sides so there shouldn't really be any pressure points from the ear muffs. I'm trying them out tomorrow and I''' let you guys know how I like them. I was using the original M frames so i'm sure these will be better.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Smith Aegis Echo for me. Really thin so they don't interfere with muffs at all. The only problem I have once in a while is if they ride to low on top of my ears they can dig in a little bit. Just have to pay attention and make sure they don't work their way down to much. I don't seem to have fogging issues with these which is unusual for me. So far I'm happy with them.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...