Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
JediTodd

Beretta 1301 Comp

2 hours ago, TCB said:

What’s the scoop on replacement charging handles for these things? I’d like to ditch the plastic one here at some point but it looks like Nordic doesn’t offer one that fits, or it may be that I just can’t make out their product codes?

Briley makes one that looks nice.

Guys, a buddy is looking for a trij  rmr mount for his 1301 Comp, it's not the brand new model, it it 3 years old. (Diff action length?).  Does anyone make one?   Thanks

Edited by Hany

A charging handle? I was asking if there was a way to "easily" mount a trijicon rmr dot...oops sorry, saw that u were replying to another question. Apologies. 

Edited by Hany

The Briley charging handle fits and works OK, but it has more slop/wiggle than the factory handle.

So did you get the single piece stainless one or the two piece stainless/aluminum one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A charging handle? I was asking if there was a way to "easily" mount a trijicon rmr dot...oops sorry, saw that u were replying to another question. Apologies. 

Yeah, I don’t shoot open so I can’t help you with the mount! However, I see you mentioned the newer 1301s have a different action length?

9 hours ago, xtremekramer said:

Yeah, I don’t shoot open so I can’t help you with the mount! However, I see you mentioned the newer 1301s have a different action length?

1301 Picatinny rail

The “new” (2017) 1301 Competition is still the same action. Just a change in the lifter shape and serial # location.

The 1301 Competition receiver/action is a little longer than the “Tactical” version (with the 18” barrel and ghost ring sights)

One piece stainless

And here I was hoping your slop was from the two piece....still worth buying or not worth the money?

On ‎10‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 8:57 PM, xtremekramer said:

And here I was hoping your slop was from the two piece....still worth buying or not worth the money?

It works just fine, just not as solid as the factory part.  It does help picking your shotgun out of the lineup on the loading table when there is more than one 1301.  I'll be keeping it for a spare, just in case.

One problem I discovered with the briley handle, during firing it can turn counterclockwise a bit and unlocks that it pulls out of position about 1/8” and locks the whole action. The rotating bolt head is retracted from the bolt body but the action/bolt is fully seated in the chamber and cannot be moved forward or aft. Push the handle back and turn it clockwise and the action is good to go again. Happened to me twice in about 100+ rounds. But it does not jam during firing the gun. I noticed it when I manually cleared the chamber after firing. Dont know if this is true with the oem handle.I replaced it with the briley before firing any round.