Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Beretta 1301 Comp

JediTodd

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My 1301 with a +6 nordic, 24"barrel.

shot just a few slugs after work at 25 and 75 yards, IM choke :)

Shot some win light 1145 at plates, recoil about the same as my 930 but the gun is lighter.

can't wait to shoot the FNH match with it.

post-20407-0-32612300-1379109930_thumb.j

post-20407-0-21503400-1379109963_thumb.j

post-20407-0-51197100-1379110042_thumb.j

Hi fireman489

With ghost loading, you would already have a cartridge on the lifter so would not be able to load any more until the gun was fired, so no advantage of shoving in an extra one after the beep. :( I think this stems from matches that restrict the loaded capacity of the gun at start to 9 rounds, but if you have a gun that only holds 7 in the mag plus 1 in the chamber, then ghost loading an extra 1 would bring you up to 9 in total, as you correctly guessed 1+1+7. As I shoot in the UK where the rules can differ slightly, I stand to be corrected on this.

Keith

ahhhh thank you

My one issue is that it doesn't put a shell on the lifter when the button is pushed at the rear of the lifter. That is how it works on my 391 Teknys. Am I missing something before I call Beretta's customer service and possibly have to send it back?

My Beretta TX Storm started doing the same thing. I called Beretta and they said it either was gunked up with shipping lube, and needed to be cleaned out, or broken. Cleaning didn't help mine, so now it is in for repair.

Shot some win light 1145 at plates, recoil about the same as my 930 but the gun is lighter.

How long have you had that Nordic tube on there? I notice it doesnt have a recessed area for a clamp on it.

Thanks, Hadley O.

How long have you had that Nordic tube on there? I notice it doesnt have a recessed area for a clamp on it.

Thanks, Hadley O.

The tube is a first generation nordic tube from my 930, maybe 2-3 years old. I used it to get one more shell over the +5 I ordered for the 1301 because I didn't want the +7.

I've got a 1301 with 21" barrel on order. A Nordic +4 will give me 9+1, correct? In Tac Scope aren't I limited to 9 at the start? I'm a newb in 3-gun.

That should be correct. However, some of us are apparently finding we can fit one more in the gun. You should still be fine, just make sure you are not "overloaded" at the start signal.

Only 2 majors I am aware of the still restrict actual capacity after start signal are Blue Ridge and Task Force Dagger. There may be others but I always have to cut a plug for those 2.

I ran into a Beretta rep that told me the A400 fore end and butt stock would interchange with the 1301's. I was also informed that you can interchange the barrel with an A400, but I forgot to ask if you could shoot 3.5" shells with a barrel swap.

I emailed Beretta about switching barrels because I would like a longer barrel for hunting. They emailed me back and said

that they were not interchangeable. I would like to know, because i was going to get a A400 instead.

I ran into a Beretta rep that told me the A400 fore end and butt stock would interchange with the 1301's. I was also informed that you can interchange the barrel with an A400, but I forgot to ask if you could shoot 3.5" shells with a barrel swap.

I emailed Beretta about switching barrels because I would like a longer barrel for hunting. They emailed me back and said

that they were not interchangeable. I would like to know, because i was going to get a A400 instead.

I know this sounds crazy, but reply to their email and have them check with a tech, the CS reps don't know jack. I went through this last week asking about the carrier/lifter for the 1301 to see if it was the same as the A400. Initially I was told "no, it's a unique part". I called BS and asked them to check with a tech and get me a part number, turns out they were the exact same part. I will say that Beretta was surprisingly quick to respond, even after I asked them to check with a tech, I got an answer same day.

I got to shoot one of these today at the Beretta tent at the FNH 3-gun match at PNTC, I have to admit I really liked it. I was saving my pennies for a M2, but when you look at what you get out of the box for less than a needs mods M2 its hard to beat. I just hope that by the time I beg/borrow/steal for one they at still as good as they are now. Given what I know of Beretta shotguns (admittedly not much, but met a lot of clay shoots that swear by them) I don't see them slipping, but time with tell.

Got mine yesterday. Nice and light, fit and finish is gtg. Recoil is light... not versamax light, but very manageable. Weak hand load it's great, needs the front opened up for load 2 though. Anyone have any better pictures of them opened up, than the one in this thread?

I got to shoot the Beretta at the FNH 3 Gun. Initial impressions are very positive. The gun is lighter than my VMT and kicks a little harder, but felt softer than an M2. The Beretta is lighter than my friends SLP but the recoil of the Beretta felt better to me. Even though I am shooting a VMT I do like a light, responsive shotgun and the Beretta defiantly was that. I liked the 24" barrel model the best, and with a long tube it is going to be a hot ticket in 3 Gun.

The opening of the loading port was good, it could be bigger but I bet a lot of people will be happy with it out of the box. The lifter was not at all like the 'devils pitchfork' that came on my Versa, and the placement of the enlarged safety was excellent.

All in all I was very impressed and I think Beretta has hit the ground running with a winner. My son liked it so much he has decided to get one rather than a Versa. Time will tell but at first glance I think it's a great shotgun.

Hey does anyone know for sure, or read that the safety is reversible ? I read it was somewhere & now I cant find it anywhere ...lol A buddy wants to buy one but needs to reverse the safety....

Thanks !

Fireman , did you find out if the safety is reversble?

Hey does anyone know for sure, or read that the safety is reversible ? I read it was somewhere & now I cant find it anywhere ...lol A buddy wants to buy one but needs to reverse the safety....

Thanks !

I saw in another thread here that yes the safety is reversible.

Thanks !

I saw in another thread here that yes the safety is reversible.

I believe Iggy to be correct here ... I saw the other thread also but I have not seen anything from Beretta officially on it....

post-14685-0-20808200-1380066486_thumb.j post-14685-0-33362400-1380066514_thumb.j

Beretta 1301 Competition 21" set for 8+1 Tactical 3 Gun with sling. There is QD attachment point in the base of the stock-see the plastic plug to the side. The front of the Blue Force sling is just looped over the magazine tube. Nice clean set up.

It also has Light Modified Choke, available from Beretta.

attachicon.gifIMG_3944.jpg attachicon.gifIMG_3943.JPG

Beretta 1301 Competition 21" set for 8+1 Tactical 3 Gun with sling. There is QD attachment point in the base of the stock-see the plastic plug to the side. The front of the Blue Force sling is just looped over the magazine tube. Nice clean set up.

It also has Light Modified Choke, available from Beretta.

Any chance you can post a pic showing the whole shotgun or at least to the muzzle. Just wanted to see what the 8+1tube looked like on a 21" bbl.