Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best AR trigger

torrpd

I bought a JP lower with Trigger installed and I think it's the best AR trigger for competition you can buy. I was going to go the "kit" route but decided to just spend the few extra bucks for it installed already. I did however degrease the trigger when I got it because whatever JP used in their shop was dried out and I applied fresh lube. You could go with the kit, but I think its worth the extra cash spent to: (1) have the trigger pre installed by a JP gunsmith, and (2) have a matching JP Lower to go along with the trigger.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bought a complete JP FCG and installed using the included instructions. Thought results were pretty good until I checked out a JP FCG installed in my friend's carbine. Less creep. Went back and readjusted my setup, using a bit less engagement than JP instructions called for. That was maybe 2K rounds ago, and ever since pull has been very crisp, minimal overtravel, etc. Basically, cannot imagine it could be better, but I have yet to find a JP installed setup to compare mine to, so might be living in ignorance about how much better it could be, but am happy. Just took a bit of tweaking to minimum engagement but totally safe, with very light polishing, no stoning, as I wanted a crisp release, no rolling break.

Don't see how you could go wrong installing it yourself and fine tuning to your satisfaction. Don't let timing the disconnector bother you; its well explained in the instructions and on line video. Would recommend you use blue rather than red lock tite as recommended by JP. Had to replace a couple of set screws when I used red.

Mark

Edited by mpom

Just go slow, you can always remove more metal but its hard to add it back.

Ha, yes, very true!

GunCat and mpom, thanks for the explanation-- I get what your saying. I do think this is something I can handle with no problem provided I have good instructions, and it sounds like a video as well. I can also see why others would opt to have JP do it for them. I do think there may be a full kit in my future.

Thanks,

J

Just put in a CMC trigger in my new build. I was kind of hesitant. Its way cheaper then the other triggers, which scared me. After putting it in I think its better suited for me then the Geissele Super 3 gun. Don't get me wrong , the geissele is great but I'm loving this CMC.

JK,

As a side note, I also purchased the JP adjustable safety with extra lever for ambi setup. Solved 2 issues; easy way to fit safety to trigger and ambi safety, making it much easier to put on safe as a righty.

JKrispies,

Just take your time. After you get it in and adjusted take some more time and see how everything interacts. Then go back and tune it again. It ain't rocket surgery.

Pat

Rocket surgery ? or Brain Science ?

AR Gold, far and away the best trigger I've ever felt. I do not see how you could possible be faster or more accurate than that. Many top shooters run it, and there's a reason. Zero over travel and zero creep. Try it, you will love it.

I was thinking of getting one but not a fan of two stage.

It says two stage but really doesn't perform like one. You really won't be able to tell its two stage. Try it on someone else's rifle if you can, you will see what I'm saying.

I notice it's a 2 stage on precision shots. One really just has to think of it like a 1911 trigger.