Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

930 Feed Stop Malfunction

Mack1207

Will do. Im going to use that brownells link. I'm going to use a honing stone to ease the edges. Ill get sone b4 and after pics. My gun is so new that I don't know if it truly needs it but I can't see any harm in removing any burrs or rough spots.

Alright, just put her back together and everything is hand cycling smooth and fine. I can't say if any of the 3 malfs my jm had was due to the shell stop or not but I figured it couldn't hurt to polish it up a little. For starters there is no cotter pin to remove so using the short end of an allen key I pressed on the top of the pin through the loading port and pulled it out by hand (better design than the cotter).

I used a fine sharpening stone and ran a few passes on the flat edge to smooth it out and then hit the corners ever so lightly as well as the edge. I was looking to remove material or change any angles, only smooth out what was there and soften any sharp edges (they were hard and sharp). Then used the dremel with buffing wheel to polish it. Put her all back together and looking forward to shooting.

Btw, my mag tube got a very small scratch on it fron the piston spring so I hit the spring with the dremel and hope that will be the end ofthat. Ill post up what pics I can from a computer on monday (I'm on my phone).

• 2 weeks later...

I followed the Brownell instructions except I used a Dremel with grinding wheel to smooth the shell stop. Test fired my 930 SPX today and it cycled all 8 Win AA shells. I swapped the factory follower for the GG&G prior to shooting. Monday the Nordic plus 5 arrives to replace the factory plus 2.

• 2 weeks later...

Mack, I am experiencing a similar problem and was wondering if you were able to fix your SG. In my case, if I press the bolt release with the SG loaded, the magazine will spit out two shell jamming the SG. To clear, I have to hold the bolt open, push one of the shells back in the magazine and then release the bolt to load the second shell. Questions:

1. Can this be caused by an extra long magazine spring? What is the correct length for the magazine spring used in the JM Pro 24"?

2. Did the shell catch polishing resolve your issue?

I agree with thecelt, I WAS able to get this completed FINALLY this weekend. Waited for a Nordic spring to come in and cut it until it worked, it's somewhere around 9.5 in past the mag tube. It's a painstaking process going slowly and I did it AFTER I polished the shell catch. Test fired it this week and it seems to be running like a top!