Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
MikeFoley

ANSAC Speedloader for S&W 617-10 shot, NEW!

The nicest ten shot speed-loader for the S&W 617, dwarfs all of the competition. Completely and positively seats every round every time. Handle made for the human hand. 100% USA made. Field tested for many months.

http://www.shootersconnectionstore.com/Ansac--C870.aspx

THIS THING MAKES THE OTHERS LOOK LIKE TOYS! IT WORKS SO WELL, and is a testament to durability and ergonomics.

I use a 617 for Steel Challenge. I have a couple of the California Competition speed loaders that you must hold vertically so the rounds will go into the cylinder. If you hold the speed loader sideways the round become crooked and will not go in the cylinder easy.

Does the Ansac loader hold the rounds tighter? Is it worth $60?

Yes, it holds the rounds very tight and precise, and it postively seats all ten rounds. It has a diameter that clears the grips and forces the rounds straight into the cylider. It is definitley worth $59.95, and shouldn't even be compared to the others on the market. It is just that solid.

I just received the new speed loader today. It does work much better than the other brands. Thank you!

Everyone who sees it buys it, and everyone who buys it says just that. Glad you like it.

The Ansac speedloader was the first major improvement in doing mandatory speedloads at our local match. The other loaders out there in which I have plenty of just weren't allowing me to get directly into the gun and going. Wiggle and run your thumb around the cylinder to seat the bullets was getting old and costing me TIME! The Match Director saw it was time to make a seperate class for the revolver folks in rim fire to seperate and create a whole new game. I was having fun seeing how many auto shooters I could beat with the revolver though.

The Ansac Speedloader is thinking out of the box.

Macinaw, Are your Steel Matches part of the Steel Challenge or an outlaw version. By outlaw I mean not related to any sanctioned matches such as the Ruger. At our local which there are two, we have a mandatory speed reload as part of the run or string. You shoot a series of plates maybe in one direction and then reload and do it in reverse. The time is for the the whole string or run. One match has 3 stages that shoot each stage 3 times and the other has 4 Stages shooting Stage 1, 3 times and Stages 2,3 and 4 just 2 times each. You will do 6 mandatory reloads requiring you to have speed loaders or extra magazines. And you can never have enough of either one of those. :goof:

The 4 Stage Match will draw as many as 140 shooter entries and be finished in as little as 5 hours. They move you through pretty fast. Typically they will also have a side match as well.

We have Steel Challenge with the standard stages. Not speed loading required on the clock.

Your competition sounds like a lot of fun. I wish we had something like that.

Edited by Macinaw

We are working right now on starting a Steel Match for just 22lr. Revolver or Auto. We will then seperate into two classes. Open and Stock (no optic) we are planning to maybe set up in the Steel Challenge format, and also are looking at teams and run this like a bowling league. Week night shooting. Since we are an outdoor range we will have to limit our match to where Daylight Saving time will give us the light for a 6:00 pm shoot.

:cheers:

Ken, Have you guys started up your Steel Match event as you spoke of? We had our October Match here and had 111 shooters. Our Range is under some construction so we were limited to just a 3 stage set up with a Rim Fire carbine side match. The shortage of Rim Fire ammo here is about the same as everywhere else but the number of Rim Fire shooters doesn"t show it. Have you picked up any of the Ansac Speedloaders yet or anyone else out your way? Did you see what North Mountain came up with for your belt? I succomed to getting the 5 set unit. It is really nice.

I flipped the holders up side down so that they were at the top of the bracket instead of the bottom which I think is the better way. My gut doesn't interfere yet with the holders.

Cheers!