Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Top Shot All Stars - Spoilers

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She shoots uspsa in south florida with the South Florida Pistol Club . If you're in the area come out to a match at markham park on thursday nights ( weather permitting ) and 1 -2 sundays a month .

Aaron

Didnt even know this was still on. Caught about 5 minutes and saw the "the gunny" with a little g in my book who teamed up with the af jack and the tattto adam henry in the last season I saw to screw the guy who was in the navy. I dont know the particulars but that whole thing still was pathetic the way they acted.

Id rather watch reruns of Gilligans Island. Or oprah.

I am sure Gabby is a nice lady but I don't know how much more of her voice I can take! It actually had me rooting for the other guy! :goof:

But alas, she kicked his a$$ pretty good. I guess they both were probably crying again?

• 2 weeks later...

Good episode last week. Always like to see traditional bows, that is on my short list for new hobbies. Gabby was scaring me but pulled through with a very good effort.

Love those gatlings. Sad to see Alan Alda go but Jamie is one of my favorites and did have a better plan.

"Honey, can I get $25k for a gatling gun? I already reload .45-70!"

Hopefully the producers do come up with at least a few new guns and events this year. I can't call it a shoestring budget, and you can claim the all-stars season should revisit the best challenges, but something new would be nice.

My pick is the same as season 1. Kelly

Cheat Sheet

Hopes of the remaining are Gabby -> Kelly -> Jamie. A real sleeper like Alex or Joe would be good too, they are just out there being quietly competent. The only one I'd be annoyed with winning is Adam, he just drives me crazy.

We say we like the shooting-only style but this season has generated about 10% of the talk as the others...

My pick is the same as season 1. Kelly

Cheat Sheet

Hopes of the remaining are Gabby -> Kelly -> Jamie. A real sleeper like Alex or Joe would be good too, they are just out there being quietly competent. The only one I'd be annoyed with winning is Adam, he just drives me crazy.

We say we like the shooting-only style but this season has generated about 10% of the talk as the others...

ok, top three would be Kelly -> Brian -> Jamie.

About time! Make enough trips to elimination challenges and you are going to get eliminated. :cheers:

My two favorite lines tonight:

Gabby- I know my limitations but I'm not limited to them. :goof::roflol:

The guy with the goofy hat- "Hey, if it's got a front sight, a rear sight and a trigger I'm good". Right before getting his ass kicked with the pistol he is talking about.

Thank god for DVR's. Watched the whole thing in 10 minutes. :yawn:

Did I see some of them wearing a bullet proof vest under their shirts during the pistol challenge?

I thought I saw it on the big dude. Then again it might have been a slimming belt thingy.

Did I see some of them wearing a bullet proof vest under their shirts during the pistol challenge?

I thought I saw it on the big dude. Then again it might have been a slimming belt thingy.

I'm pretty sure its a microphone setup. I've seen it on other reality shows. The person wears what looks like a belly band that has the microphone and receiver unit.

Really liked the shoot off with the bottles last night. One of the cooler things they have done so far.

Shooting offhand at the hole in a CD with a .22 and red-dot sight isn't easy by any means. Kudos to Kelly for a clean run, I wouldn't have expected that from anyone.

Edited by Graham Smith

• 2 weeks later...

I've shot with Greg a few times at 3gun matches since his first appearance on the show. I think that TV and Editing play into how the shooters on the show are portrayed. Just watching the first season I would have agreed with you guys but getting to know him he's a standup guy. I was hoping to see him do better this time around.

Like Clutch, I know Greg personally--we work at the same agency (I'm an analyst, he's part of the police force). I've also been shooting with Greg since about a month before his first Top Shot season started. He's a pretty good guy. Yes, he does get a case of the nerves on occasion, but he's really focused on his performance--I'm sure some of that is from having been on TV and his perception of what people expect to see for his performance level.

We all gave Greg a ton of crap over the things that happened--we acted like we were crying once when we finished shooting, a bunch of the guys wore bandannas around their wrists to his finale party. We still crack jokes on him occasionally. He takes it pretty well.

Jeez you guys are brutal.

But I do think it says much about him that two coworkers are speaking on his behalf in this thread. Very cool.

Jamie impressed me last night.

Indeed, that was a really impressive shot. With his time, Kelly should have been able to win that except he made an amateur mistake - he was in a rush and didn't adjust for his 2nd shot and had to shoot a 3rd time.

I've never shot that distance but I do shoot 1000yd from time to time and the further out you go the more little things matter. That said, good shots can usually hit a 1 MOA target (1" per 100yd) and they were shooting at a 40" (2.4 MOA) target so they had some latitude. In some ways, this should have been an easier shot than some of the stuff they have done before.

I'd wager that for most of them, a lack of knowledge on how to read and adjust for wind had a lot to do with how well they did. But a couple of them were just all over the place. Nobody mentioned it but if you don't have a really good position with the stock tight into your shoulder, that gun is going to beat the heck out of you. There was probably more than one really bruised shoulder.

While I agree that getting booted because you can't throw a spear sucks. Ending up in the elimination because you can't hit a target that size with a gun that good in less than 1 min sucks just as much. Of course, I can say that knowing that I never will have to put my money where my mouth is - unless I win the lottery in which case pppfffttt!

Edited by Graham Smith