Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Versa Max 3 Gun Edition

JRicks

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would definitely be interested in something like that but as someone stated earlier, finding one is going to be the issue. <rant> That really seems to be the issue with anything gun related these days. Of course all of the pro shooters get them and then we want to check them out but it takes 2-3 years before they really become available. That's just plain frustrating. </rant>

I spoke to Robbie at SMM3G about this subject, interestingly enough. Robbie works for Remington Defense and they are busy on the LE/Military side of things.

It's the Remington "Commercial" guys doing the 3 Gun thing.

Remington Defense is separate enough from the parent company that they even have their own separate 3 Gun Sponsorships....

Mick

When Remington first contacted me, I asked why they were not getting input from Robbie and Strader. The answer was interesting to say the least, but as far as I understood, they had not been successful in their prior attempts to talk to Robbie.

Yeah, I was told the same thing Mick. That is part of the "interesting" as I really had no idea. Shot on the same squad with Robbie, Phil and Greg at SMM3G.

It's green cerakote.

Very cool!

You seem to know a lot about it, did you have a lot of involvement in the project?

Only in the idea generation phase. Other guys in my group handled the implementation. I've followed it pretty closely because I can't wait to start using one in competition!

Had a talk with one of the engineers at Remington working on this on this week. I have no clue on price, never thought to ask. One upgrade still in testing, and not yet mentioned, I sure hope get the "green" light...should make some happy thumbs!

This is quite exciting, as much as I love my VM Tactical I do miss not having a rear sight and I would love to see a better factory lifter. I hope these are all available as parts at some stage in the near future.

Definitely needing lifter redesign. I would think that will be in our future for sure. Nice to hear that Remington is giving the Versa Max good developmental attention. Can't wait for the walnut furniture and the polished blued steel!

• 3 weeks later...

I realize this thread is a few weeks old now - has anyone heard anything more on the versamax 3-gun edition or more production info or images of it released?

I just bought a Versa Max Tactical yesterday. It is being shipped to Benny Hill and he has assured me when he finishes it will run like a scaled Abe with diarrhea. TMI yes I know. But I think we all have faith in Benny. FWIW

Edited by Ken Bird

• 3 weeks later...

I just bought a Versa Max Tactical yesterday. It is being shipped to Benny Hill and he has assured me when he finishes it will run like a scaled Abe with diarrhea. TMI yes I know. But I think we all have faith in Benny. FWIW

Benny did my VMT. You will not be disappointed.

• 3 weeks later...

Guy's I have one of these hot little numbers right now. I actually sold my Benelli M2 after shooting it and using for a match or two. I think when you get your hands on one you will see a very simular look to the Benelli M4. For me this is good. I have never shot a 12ga. 00 Buck, Slugs, or Bird Shot that was so soft shooting. This gun just does not jump around and your shoulder will tank you as well.

:surprise:

I gathered that, but I do not know what they may have done that is not on this one. Its your tube and C-Rums Lifter, and Benny Has done a lot of the custom work. I have shot on the Remmington Skeet Team several years ago with Jimmy Praul from Tulsa. We both agree a factory gun is a great place to start, but still a mass produced item. I hope this new 3 Gun will deliver all that is expected. Thanks Mark,