Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Red necks and geeks!

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"You know you're a Red Necky Geek if you have calculated the standard deviation AND kurtosis of your .40 S&W competition reload velocity...and have the graphs posted above your reloading bench, right next to the Duck Commander poster!"

Kurtosis? I hope your sample size is large enough to warrent noting the Kurtosis, otherwise you are just living a fantacy. (OMG, I am even nerder than I thought and I don't even have a DC poster!). :blush:

Of course, limit as n->infinity...but I always divide by zero and blink out of existence for a few minutes, gotta start all over when that happens :roflol:

"You know you're a Red Necky Geek if you have calculated the standard deviation AND kurtosis of your .40 S&W competition reload velocity...and have the graphs posted above your reloading bench, right next to the Duck Commander poster!"

Kurtosis? I hope your sample size is large enough to warrent noting the Kurtosis, otherwise you are just living a fantacy. (OMG, I am even nerder than I thought and I don't even have a DC poster!). :blush:

Of course, limit as n->infinity...but I always divide by zero and blink out of existence for a few minutes, gotta start all over when that happens :roflol:

You got skills.

You can safely file me under the geek category. One of the reasons I enjoy shooting is that it's very non-digital. It's physics, mechanics, with a bit of chemistry thrown in. I don't have to worry if the Glock is going to BSoD on me or that the Smith and Wesson is going to lose connection to the Internet.

It's sort of soothing cleaning guns after shooting them or taking a Glock apart for a complete inspection and cleaning. Nothing digital. The worst I have to worry about is sending a spring into low earth orbit and like any good Glock armorer, I have spares just for that little eventuality.

Please notice my profile picture, featuring my daughter and her beef. She won senior showmanship in that picture even though she was only a sophomore at the time. We love our cattle and shooting sports. She shoots trap, I shoot USPSA and SC.

Cedarnat-redneck-geek (at least that's what they call us here). (Although the trees are actually Junipers, shaggy bark and alligator bark, (just proved the geek part didn't I). :surprise: )

Edited by GuildSF4

• 2 weeks later...

I'm from Alaska...but drive a Lexus LX470 (Land Cruiser)......will bite the head off a live fish....but also weigh my charges on a Sartorius lab scale to 1/1000 of a grain....sooo...not sure where I fit in. I can be seen wearing Carharts and a Cartier. I repair pocket watches....but can also pull a transmission. I'm starting to realize.... I'm all messed up...ha ha. Mostly geek I guess... .02

• 10 months later...

Love this thread, my dad comes to matches but it's a spectator sport for him. He always gives me crap though, says all of us doing or walk through look like we're larping. If that is true we are all geeks.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

"larping" ???

Love this thread, my dad comes to matches but it's a spectator sport for him. He always gives me crap though, says all of us doing or walk through look like we're larping. If that is true we are all geeks.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

im with Mr. Steve, what exactly is larping?

Well, I´m German but not Bavarian, like most Germans are.

I don´t wear short leather trousers, no funny hat and don´t drink beer the whole day (unfortunately).

Can´t be a redneck and am to damn intelligent for being a geek.

Hmmm, might be I invented geeks, because I´m German?

:ph34r:

Definitely I'm a huge computer geek first, but I love going hunting and shooting so Geeky red neck.

I'm an eCommerce Manager / Freelance Web Developer, my car is nick named the Storm Trooper (White Kia Soul - Empire Logo in Rear Window) and I'm just an overall geek/nerd....but I rock a big beard, go deer hunting every year and have a lot of redneck skillz.

Edited by JohnnyD