Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Who does NP3 coatings?

Zmego

I am obsessed with keeping my guns clean and I would like to make it a more simple process with my rifle. I have been thinking about having my new stripped upper and lower receivers NP3 coated. Anyone know of a good place or have any recommendations?

• 1 month later...

Robar!!!!!!!! I have a Sig Sauer P220 which I carried on duty and after retired for over 20 years. The NP3 coating is the best thing I ever did to that gun. In Chicago weather, all seasons, it never let me down. The nickle/Teflon coating is corrosion resistant, self lubricating and easy to keep clean. I just had my AR BCG NP3'ed and will do the same for my DPMS-3G1 BCG at the end o the 3G season. I, a nobody, highly recommend it. Robby Bartman (RoBar) is in business and going strong, in Arizona (uh.. I think). You will not be disappointed. Goggle Robar

I still rely on my P200, since 1989. I never give it up.

The only company that does NP3 is Robar... however there are similar coatings offered by other companies.

As long as the gun isn't a long gun or has an alloy frame (this company doesn't strip anodizing), I use CCR. Great work, and their prices are very economic (turn around can be slow, but you can save a good amount compared to Robar).

Here are two of mine done in their cera-plate... however, I've done many magazines, bolt assemblies and barrels, as well.

IMG_0506.jpg

IMG_0487.jpg

Robar is another great company. I had my home defense 870 and backup J-frame done in NP3 Plus. Nice finish, so I paid the money to have those two guns done. They kept me informed along the way, especially when they had to redo the serial number on the heel (lightened up during the stripping).

IMG_0525.jpg

IMG_0556.jpg

I ended up going with a NIBx coating from WMD. They were less than half the price of Robar. I have heard nothing but good things about Robar, but I had a budget and they exceeded it. I am very pleased with how it looks and would recommend them to anyone.

post-40970-0-82417900-1371359340_thumb.j

John Salazar
Marketing & Sales Director
Coating Services Group
11649 Riverside Dr., Suite 139
Lakeside, CA 92040
Office: 619-596-7444
Cell: 858-229-6820

This place looked like they did good work for a good price...