Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My Favorite Quote Got Me Banned

bountyhunter

The best quote I saw today while perusing the interweb was a sniper quote; "the best way to change someone's mind is a 168 grain boattail."

That is hilarious....

Another of my favorites was "Guns don't kill people, its mostly the bullets."

• 2 years later...
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Sarge said:

You ain't seen nothing! The biggest bump I recall was 6+ years if I recall.

Actually I think the other week I saw a 10 year bump if I recall correctly.  Gotta love users making a run to get post count up to post in classifieds. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
44 minutes ago, Ray_Z said:

Being barred for saying something is close to violating our constitutional rights. If care isn't taken, it could cost a lot more use such a forum such as that.

You have no constitutional right to free speech on a privately owned forum.  Period.

15 hours ago, Ray_Z said:

A good attorney would take that one to the bank.

I won't rehash that argument here but if it's a privately owned forum your use is at the pleasure of the owner.  Nothing more.  You'd have no cause of action - period - to involve an attorney for..... :)

You're better off. I actually joined a 1911 related forum once, in my "introduction" post I spelled California Kalifornia (because it's funny) and my post didn't show up. I contacted mods later they said it was offensive or derogatory some such. I politely said I was amazed by that and asked they delete my account. I don't want to associate w that type of people. 

Red

On 1/30/2017 at 0:13 AM, DagoRed said:

You're better off. I actually joined a 1911 related forum once, in my "introduction" post I spelled California Kalifornia (because it's funny) and my post didn't show up. I contacted mods later they said it was offensive or derogatory some such. I politely said I was amazed by that and asked they delete my account. I don't want to associate w that type of people. 

Red

think i used to be a member of that forum. USED to be!

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/27/2013 at 3:34 AM, bountyhunter said:

My wife gave me a shirt that had my favorite saying on it. I put it in my signature block on another forum, and it ended up getting me banned because somebody "took offense".

The saying was this:

My wife says she is a motivational speaker...... I just call it nagging.

If that is offensive, all I can say is you don't have the sense of humor you need to make 33 years of marriage like we have.

I want to know when its my turn to be offended!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 years later...
On 3/27/2013 at 3:34 AM, bountyhunter said:

My wife gave me a shirt that had my favorite saying on it. I put it in my signature block on another forum, and it ended up getting me banned because somebody "took offense".

The saying was this:

My wife says she is a motivational speaker...... I just call it nagging.

If that is offensive, all I can say is you don't have the sense of humor you need to make 33 years of marriage like we have.

For some odd reason, American people have a fascination with being offended.  It isn't born out of any rational thought.  

3 hours ago, Dicktater_Pete said:

For some odd reason, American people have a fascination with being offended.  It isn't born out of any rational thought.  

I am deeply offended by your post....by the way, what are you trying to sell?

Nolan