Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Sign in to follow this  
bigcraig

Adult signature required ?

Just got the tracking info for my order, why the adult signature required?

This is going to be a huge PIA, but, if it must be, I will suck it up.

I think its so that the deliverer can confirm that it has gone to the right person and not left on a doorstep for someone else to steal.

The shipper can specify adult signature or sometimes the carrier requires it. Usually when the package is insured for a certain value, or when it has hazardous or dangerous items.

I will bet UPS is doing that.

My local UPS delivery guy decided everyone on our road needed to sign for their packages. UPS told me that was the drivers decision.

I finally changed to delivery at the plant as there is someone around during business hours.

I know the SC guys well and they were not sending my stuff signature required.

Dave

Usually UPS will do it based on the contents. I shipped some ammo and they made me have an adult sig.

When I order from SC they ship it insured so a signature is required (USPS). At least I know the stuff will be arriving and I don't have to worry about it. It is an inconvenience to have to drive to the P.O. after work but they have a window for package pickup and I don't have to go to the counter.

No issues, fellas, just curious.

Slow day at work, so I was here to sign for it.

This has been standard for some time now on packages valued over $500, and up to the driver even if we don't require it. The theft rate is higher than ever before, and with our volume being several times higher than ever before we don't know all of our customers like we once did. Sometimes fraudulent people claim not to have gotten their packages, so this stops that altogether. UPS has a rule that if a package has been stolen on your street, they won't deliver there again without a signature. There is no recourse for us if it is stolen from your porch, and therefore no way we can provide you a replacement. One more example of a few bad apples ruining it for the whole bunch. You can always have it shipped to their work if they allow you to get packages there.