Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Aftec springs

RCC1

32 minutes ago, IFlynn said:

This sounds bag but I've never changed springs on any of the aftec's I've had, in both 9mm and 40sw. They just seem to keep going and since they're such a pain to install, why change them. I'm sure eventually I should change them, but I try not to fix what isn't broke. 

A pain to install, really? If this is the case, i suggest stay with production.  Dont take this wrong but Aftec spring replacement is one of the most basic task on any 2011. 5 minutes maybe. Just take your time and you will be fine. you tube has all the info you will ever need.  Good luck 

• 2 weeks later...

it's weird. having had and played with a few aftec guns now some are definitely easier than others. I had one that was seemed ridiculously hard just to get it out! was comparatively easy to get it back in. I think some variances in the geometry around the entry to the hole at the front of the extractor tunnel as well as the geometry going on inside the tunnel makes it vary a bit. some variance in the aftecs themselves is probably at play too. some are definitely way easier than others to remove and replace. 

On 10/12/2013 at 9:20 PM, flack jacket said:

Once my flip and catch during ULSC is no longer boss, I change the spring....

I dont know if this is serious or not but funny you say that. I just cleaned my extractor tunnel for the first time with almost 3000 rds through my gun (I didnt know any better...) and I was surprised by how much gunk was in there. That being said, I was getting some random ejection patterns in my Flip and catch at ULSC . After I cleaned it out the Flip and catch was "boss" again lol. I didnt really think too much of it until reading this. I think youre on to something though. Once the flip and catch gets hairy its time to clean her out.  EDIT, didnt realize this was a necro post..

Edited by Shmella