Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

rockyourglock phantom triggers ?

sigsauerfan

well,title say all. anyone with first hand experience with them ?

i was bored and decided it was time to give a try to one of many semi-custom triggers offered . it could have been a zev tech fullcrum unit , but i thought they are expensive for what it is, so went with rockyourglock since they have the same adjustment set screws for over-travel and pre-travel adjustments.

i'm quite eager to try one of the 2 i ordered, but since it's been shiped usps since a month and a half and their tracking system only worth (....) if you know what i mean LOL ;i 've finally folded under my curiousity about what you guys think about it.

don't be mistaken , i really like glock's action and feel of the trigger,i don't have any problems with the long travel of the trigger, but i'm like many who like to try different things just to see if something already good can be improved haha!

lol...i think, if it doesn't brings anything better, i'll get back to my stock triggers (with the c25 trigger job i did on all of my glocks).....however, improvement or not, i think my biggest mistake is buying from a business who ships via usps priority lol..

altough i've got an interesting find with the search function, i thought maybe there was more peoples with extended experience with the phantom unit.

questions like the feel...any grit ,or is it smooth like silk ??

how's the reset feel,is the ''click'' of the reset positive or maybe ''vague and mushy'''??

does it reduce the pull weight or not? ; perhaps since most of the travel is gone the impression of weight rely only on the breaking point weight,then seems heavier ??

...this kind of considerations/ remarks,but anyhow i figure it's best to keep the mystery alive till i gets mine haha....

i think i've posted this topic in the wrong section previously,perhaps that's the reason it received 0 replies lolllll

well,title say all. anyone with first hand experience with them ?

i was bored and decided it was time to give a try to one of many semi-custom triggers offered . it could have been a zev tech fullcrum unit , but i thought they are expensive for what it is, so went with rockyourglock since they have the same adjustment set screws for over-travel and pre-travel adjustments.

i'm quite eager to try one of the 2 i ordered, but since it's been shiped usps a month and a half ago ( and their tracking system only worth (....) if you know what i mean LOL) ,i 've folded under curiousity about what you guys think about it.

altough i got an interesting find with the search function, i thought maybe there was more peoples with extended experience with the phantom unit.

questions like the feel...any grit ,or is it smooth like silk ??

how's the reset feel,is the ''click'' of the reset positive or maybe ''vague and mushy'''??

does it reduce the pull weight or not? ; perhaps since most of the travel is gone the impression of weight rely only on the breaking point weight,then seems heavier ??

...this kind of considerations/ remarks,but anyhow i figure it's best to keep the mystery alive till i gets mine haha....

don't be mistaken , i really like glock's action and feel of the trigger, even more withe the 25c trigger job performed, but i'm like many who like to try different things just to see if something already good can be improved haha! ; however, improvement or not, i think my biggest mistake is buying from a business who ships via usps priority lol.

Edited by sigsauerfan

you shoulda spent the extra on the zev. you get what you pay for.

which means??

i just fail to see how the zev at 180 could offer more....maybe zev unit's polishing shines more ?? loll...the RY unit is well made,overtravel/pretravel adjusment screws works perfectly, trigger pull weight isn't very different ,but it breaks clean and crisp....i made a good choice and i fail to see why i should have spent much more on the same system stamped with another name.

but maybe you could highlight the pros and cons ??

Sounds like youve already decided that the ry trigger is better because you own it. I know its hard to listen to someone else who has tried them all and feels the zev is superior by fit function and feel. Its your gun, put whatever you want in it. Dont need to get defensive, I was not knockin your choice. I know you asked for feedback is all. Some people try em all just to go back to stock. Either way makes no difference to me. Once you try it you will understand what I mean.

Sounds like youve already decided that the ry trigger is better because you own it. I know its hard to listen to someone else who has tried them all and feels the zev is superior by fit function and feel. Its your gun, put whatever you want in it. Dont need to get defensive, I was not knockin your choice. I know you asked for feedback is all. Some people try em all just to go back to stock. Either way makes no difference to me. Once you try it you will understand what I mean.

:bow:

ok...i can't compare directly from first hand experience, i never used the zev unit. i knew already that those glock semi custom triggers aren't the holy grail , i mean, a glock trigger will NEVER reach the smoothness of a single action trigger....that said, i was firstly looking to remove a faire amount of over travel,which is what this RY phantom unit does perfectly, on top of it it's adjustable.

when i dropped the trigger in my G35, there was 0 travel at all, and the safety wasn't in function, so i gave the screw a turn and a half just to add a little gap of travel, and get the safety back in function , that's all...

the break is quite crisp, breaks very clean, although the trigger pull weight...i was expecting less weight on the pull break , but it doesn't matter really. trigger pull weight isn't an issue to me. i would have liked a lower trigger break weight, but all in all, i'm satisfied with it.

now, i'd really like to know IF the zev unit worth the extra money, but more than anything, the question is WHY it would be much better??

.if you can enlighten me on this very precise question (since you said you tried them all) , i would be very happy, because i was about to order 2 identical units for some other glocks i owns...if the zev unit is really better in all aspects, for sure i'm gonna throw the extra that comes with it.

please don't be mislead, the "rock your glock' is not a Zev Trigger with a polish job, nor is it the same trigger just stamped with another name. the ZEV / Glockworx trigger is not even close to a RY trigger, you don't have to believe me or any one else on this forum, ask KC or any of the Team Glock Shooters, 1: who built their guns?, 2: who's triggers do they shoot with? 3: what trigger was in the first Open Division Glock to win the World Steel Challenge? If your happy great. you will get what you pay for. unless you picked up a Cert from the Prize table, . . .see we are shooters who support the shooting sports as well.

Edited by Tyro Shooter

please don't be mislead, the "rock your glock' is not a Zev Trigger with a polish job, nor is it the same trigger just stamped with another name. the ZEV / Glockworx trigger is not even close to a RY trigger, you don't have to believe me or any one else on this forum, ask KC or any of the Team Glock Shooters, 1: who built their guns?, 2: who's triggers do they shoot with? 3: what trigger was in the first Open Division Glock to win the World Steel Challenge? If your happy great. you will get what you pay for. unless you picked up a Cert from the Prize table, . . .see we are shooters who support the shooting sports as well.

well....well.....okay!! :blush: maybe someone will finaly review the differences between the ZEV fullcrum VS the RY phantom for the benefit i could retire from it. :goof:

material? design? functionalty? adjustability? el cheapo fasteners? ....i don't know,i've looked closely to the trigger bar,trigger pad, trigger safety, fasteners !! ??....all this seems like re-worked glock trigger OEM assembly + the stainless trigger pad added...???

someone, JUST EXPOSE your point about the ZEV unit VS the RY one? please?? ; otherwise, a mod please, closing this thread would be better advised .

if it's to keep getting '''oooh! the RY unit is a sub par crappola compared to the fullcrum ''' .... kind of replies,just close it!!! :rolleyes:

i may miss something, detractors of the RY trigger don't wants to expose precisely what makes the difference in quality between the 2....