Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Vibra Prime

cas

I had the same experience it simply doesn't work. Then I'd the opposite experience after finding the better quality one from ebay called "PALFILLER".

I'm living in Canada so I bought one at ebay and found that they are actually located in here. I'm so happy that I personally put a review to my blog with videos. They even ask my permission to use my photos... :goof:

The price is higher than the blue junk but it worth every penny IMHO. Here's my personal blog, hope it helps:

http://pal-filler.bl...ler-review.html

I had written a long post with my frustrations. Decided to keep it short and sweet. This thing is pure junk. Returning mine and buying some extra pickup tubes.

Do you offer discounts on purchases of more than one?

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry but I have nothing to do with this distrubtor nor I'm acting on his behalf. I think the best way is for you to go to his website and contact him directly.

That is only my personal review of the item. :mellow: Hope this help.

I had the same experience it simply doesn't work. Then I'd the opposite experience after finding the better quality one from ebay called "PALFILLER".

I'm living in Canada so I bought one at ebay and found that they are actually located in here. I'm so happy that I personally put a review to my blog with videos. They even ask my permission to use my photos... :goof:

The price is higher than the blue junk but it worth every penny IMHO. Here's my personal blog, hope it helps:

http://pal-filler.bl...ler-review.html

I had written a long post with my frustrations. Decided to keep it short and sweet. This thing is pure junk. Returning mine and buying some extra pickup tubes.

Do you offer discounts on purchases of more than one?

FWIW. I , and others here, have been working on making primer tube fillers for a long time now. They need to be fine tuned. When they are tuned they work fine. The biggest problem is the need to have the collection tube very lined up with the unit. The hole in the tray must be smooth and round.The collection tube hole must also be smooth. A little very fine sand paper and file work will increase the performance greatly. These things aren't all going to work right out of the box. The hype of the vibraprime has set up a false sense of infalibility. These are vibraprimes not the Pope( little humor in honor of the new Pope). Take your time and these will work well for you. Remember that not all will come correctly. If you can't get it to work, send it back for a replacement. Eveyone here has had some issues in fine tuning the primer set up on a reloading press.The same thing applies here. Search the forum and you will find all the posts on past attempts.

You get what you pay for.

Pal filler here too and it works great.

Why overpay 5 Xs what the Vibra Prime costs just to say you have a fancy, expensive hunk of junk that does the same thing? My Vibra Prime has been going strong for 4+ years and I love it. I use it every day. I'll NEVER pick up primers the old way ever again.

Why overpay 5 Xs what the Vibra Prime costs

Hmmm... judging from the reviews of the latest version my guess would be because the pal filler works.

This is how a tube filler should work.

LOL I posted the wrong video. That was when i was trying to work out the problem with the builder only to find out it was one or two primers that had anvils sticking out about a billionth of an inch! The original tray was machined so fine that it had zero slack for primer issues. Runs great ever since though unless a primer is oval or something.

Edited by Sarge

You get what you pay for.

Pal filler here too and it works great.

Why overpay 5 Xs what the Vibra Prime costs just to say you have a fancy, expensive hunk of junk that does the same thing? My Vibra Prime has been going strong for 4+ years and I love it. I use it every day. I'll NEVER pick up primers the old way ever again.

Hunk of junk? Lol. Ok man. Have you read the current vibra prime reviews? Seems to me the vibra prime is a hunk of junk. Made in china by slave labor crap.

Why overpay 5 Xs what the Vibra Prime costs

Hmmm... judging from the reviews of the latest version my guess would be because the pal filler works.

This is how a tube filler should work.

That's kinda strange that you would say "This is how a tube filler should work" when you clearly had troubles or some kind of jams at 1:11, 1:42, 1:50, 3:42, and again at 4:00 in the video. And you were using the same primers over and over again, so I doubt it was anything to do with the size or shape of the primers.

I've never had the kinds of jams everyone else is talking about unless it was due to a poorly shaped primer.

Now maybe there's a difference between the 4 year old $35 Vibra Prime units and the new ones that are coming out now. But I'm pleased as punch with the 2 I already have. I just worked out a trade deal with another forum member and I have a NIB Vibra Prime unit on it's way here, so maybe I can compare them in a video when it arrives.

Edited by Chris Keen

Hi guys, I was looking for something to load my dillon primer tubes and I was sick and tired of loading them one by one I needed something faster, I was not going to buy the auto primer from dillon for 314.00 for small and 314 for large primers, a friend of mine told me about Pal Filler so i bought one, and It works I love it, make loading primers faster and have no problems with it if anyone is interested you can find them at www.redtipbullet.com and they ship everywhere.

post-42128-0-17863400-1363234645_thumb.j

Ok I know that its a little expensive for the Pal Filler and some people out there said ... why not spend the extra money and go with the dillon RF100, NOW correct me if I'm wrong, with the Dillon you need to buy two machines one for large primes and one for small primers so $628.00..(if I'm wrong tell me what it will cost to have large and small primers on the RF100) .. the pal filler is made from machined aluminum solid will last for years with a base that does large and small primers..

Edited by Johnny40sti

So with shipping, what does that come to? $206.00 ??? But you said NO WAY to paying $314.00 ??? I don't get it. Why not just pay the extra $98 for the Dillon? The beauty of the Vibra Prime is that it was well under $50 (at least back when I got mine) and it worked. Not sure about the new one, but I'll have a test model here in a couple more days, and I'll report back then.

Also as a side note, but an important part of the beauty of the VB is I like that it is Blue so it matches my Dillon 650! I know, color doesn't matter all that much, and believe me I prefer Red if given a choice, but .... Hey it matches! :rolleyes:

Plus I kinda like the gun-like trigger on the VB instead of the cheesy little silver micro-switch on the PAL. It just makes it more natural or intuitive to use!

Chris,

When you get the new, rereleased vibra prime, compare the new primer tray to the older one you have. I'm hoping the tray design is the same so I can pick up some replacements.

I used my new VB yesterday and it works; not fantastic but it works; there were a couple of hangups but it appears that was due to some really strangely shaped Federal primers; I tried it on both small and large and filled several tubes for later.

I'm happy with the $52 units I got and have sold one of them to a fellow member; I still have 2 others coming with no estimated delivery date.

Still beats the old fashioned way of loading em up! :)

Ok I know that its a little expensive for the Pal Filler and some people out there said ... why not spend the extra money and go with the dillon RF100,

NOW correct me if I'm wrong, with the Dillon you need to buy two machines one for large primes and one for small primers so $628.00..(if I'm wrong tell me what it will cost to have large and small primers on the RF100)

the pal filler is made from machined aluminum solid will last for years with a

base that does large and small primers..

Edited by Johnny40sti

All I can say is I don't load for any caliber that uses Large Primers, so I don't even own any Large Primers. Heck I think the only Large Primer tubes I own are the 1 that came with my 650, and the ones that came with the VP's I bought. And they are all just collecting dust at the moment. Therefore I wouldn't need the 2 machines. It certainly would be an issue, however both the PAL & the VIBRA PRIME will do Large Primers, so I think I'd be good if I ever did want to load LPs. And I would probably only do so on a limited basis at that.

Many people are not in the same boat so I can understand bringing that point up, but I would think a good deal of folks are in the same boat. So I guess that's a bridge you have to cross when you come to it.

Another great deal of folks don't even like the Dillon Primer filler, so ....... Potatoe ... Potato! ;)

I received my VP last week and I too was disappointed for the first 10 minutes. Then I realized that by tipping my VP forward a little, it started working great. I also don't use the VP tubes, I just hold the Dillon tubes under the main unit and let the primers drop directly in. Sounds like I got a good one. Sorry you guys are having so many problems.

Ok I know that its a little expensive for the Pal Filler and some people out there said ... why not spend the extra money and go with the dillon RF100,

NOW correct me if I'm wrong, with the Dillon you need to buy two machines one for large primes and one for small primers so $628.00..(if I'm wrong tell me what it will cost to have large and small primers on the RF100)

the pal filler is made from machined aluminum solid will last for years with a

base that does large and small primers..

The RF100 for large or small is $314 or so. There is a conversion kit for about $90-$100 so the total to load small and large on the RF100 is ~$400 +/-.

I had been waiting for the Vibra Prime so I could get one and I like the features as described and that's what I wanted. But they sold out so quick and with another 10-12 week wait I said screw it and just orderd a Palfiller. Sure its 3x+ over the cost of the Vibra Prime w/ shipping but its 1/2 the cost of the RF100 if you want to load small and large primers (which I do). I'd have rather spent the $60 or so on the Vibra Prime it was hard enough waitig the first time.

I got my NGVP (New Generation Vibra Prime) today in the mail!!!! :cheers: Boy that was fast shipping! All the way from California in only a couple days! :) Thanks Reece! (I hope you are as satisfied with the Glock sights as I am the VP!)

Anyways, I had planned on doing a demo video as soon as it came in the mail, but tonight is Test-N-Tune so I wont have time. BUt I did play around with it, of course, and the biggest thing I can say is these babies are IDENTICAL to the old Generation models, with only a few exceptions. Visually they are spot on Iiiii-Dentical (as they say in My Cousin Vinny) :) Everything from the color, finish, size, shape, etc. Except the new Gen. doesn't have a GIANT Frankford Arsenal sticker on the primer feed/flip tray. It's perfectly clear which is nice. Plus the feed tray is a little stiffer, making it very difficult to insert it in to the Vibrating primer-filler thing-y. Maybe my old one is just well used or worn enough I never noticed it, but I had a little trouble getting it inserted enough to insert & lock-in-place the tube w/adapter. For the record I never use the adapters, I pulled them all off years ago, and just insert the tubes in the gun, and hold them there while filling. It only takes a little less than a 30 seconds. Lastly the New Gen. VP has a MUCH MUCH quieter motor installed. Holy CRAP! :surprise: My old one sounds like someone put a bunch of rocks inside your hubcaps on Prom Night! And to think Ive been living with this for 4+years now!!!! WOW! I am so very pleased with the new VP I cannot tell you how nice it is to not have to listen to that clanky old motor vibrate! It just purrs along now, much like the PAL filler. It's like night and day.

Now I really have to make a demo video of the differences between them simply to show how much QUIETER it is.

But back to my impromptu review: I poured some primers out of an already filled tube, back into the new primer flip tray, and tried all sorts of combinations, just to see what worked and how compatible the 2 units are. They are completely interchangeable. I tried the new primer tray in the old gun. The old tray in the neew gun The new primer tray & new gun with the old tubes (sans adapters). Then finally tried the new tray / new gun / and new tube w/adapter & after everything was said and done I didn't have one single hiccup at all. :)

Honestly I don't see what all the complaints are all about. :mellow: If I just got a good one, and maybe got lucky, I don't know. It's entirely possible. But I think for the price you should give them a try. Maybe like previously said, they may need some tweaking, or a minor fluff & buff to get them working properly. But all in total, this is my 3rd Vibra Prime unit and I couldn't be happier.

Like I said I'll get a demo video posted probably tomorrow night as to the differences & benefits of the new Gen VP. But in the meantime, If anyone has any questions as to the fit, finish, or function of any of the new parts, shoot me a PM and I'll be happy to answer any and all questions.