• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Sig Super Target Martinized. 

Replaced the grips, the GI spring guide/plug with a full length and Wolff spring, extended mag release and did a trigger job on it. Got the trigger down to about 3# but I think the Series 80 stuff is preventing me going farther and keeping it reliable.

Takes a lot for a production 1911 to impress me. This one did. Frame/slide fit is exceptional as is the barrel fit. Did pretty good at the range before the mods. Now it's better. :)

DSCN1032.JPG

DSCN1035.JPG

On 11/30/2017 at 5:47 PM, RaylanGivens said:

What a sweet looking gun!

What is happening at the front of the slide?  It looks like there is a split in the slide between the first two rib cutouts.

Can you post a picture with the slide racked back a bit?

There is.  Its a take on a hybrid style barrel.  Its a threaded barrel and instead of a comp or something else they leave a weight on there.  Atlas is making some stuff like that too ill try to find a pic and post it.  Same idea.

The problem is that this system, while a little cheaper, isn't that much cheaper than a sight tracker setup. Because you have to buy a threaded bull barrel (250), then a blank compensator (30+), and you have additional cost in gunsmith time to fit the comp to the slide vs just fitting the hybrid barrel (though that probably takes a long time too). But I think they look cooler, personally. 

didn't STI make a trubor barrel with a blank compensator a while back? that would be the ticket if they did it in 40, one piece and lots of material to mill to customize, and should be easier to fit than either of the previous options

49 minutes ago, RaylanGivens said:

What's an ACCU-Block?

I Googled ACCU-Block and got tons of hits, but none had anything to do with firearms.

Here's the flyer I got when I bought the gun.  I have never seen anything else like this one.

Capture.JPG