Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

basic fundamentals

leog

hi all shooters,

I'm reading my range report/shooting files that I used sharing with my training buddies, and, noting that respect to past I'm giving more importance to basic shooting skills, I ask your help to defining the ULTIMATE IPSC BASIC FUNDAMENTALS LIST.

For me in random order: Grip/Stance/Movement/Precision (I mean sight picture-trigger control-follow through)/Focus.

Or you consider fundamental Draw,Reloading,and others strictly practical (IPSC) skills?

BE, you beat me to it.

"Hold the gun in alignment with the target until the bullet has left the barrel." - sums up fundamentals for me. To me everything else seems like a technique to improve shooting character; consistency, accuracy, speed, awareness, enlightenment etc.

This forum is a great resource!

DNH

• 2 weeks later...

hi all shooters,

I'm reading my range report/shooting files that I used sharing with my training buddies, and, noting that respect to past I'm giving more importance to basic shooting skills, I ask your help to defining the ULTIMATE IPSC BASIC FUNDAMENTALS LIST.

For me in random order: Grip/Stance/Movement/Precision (I mean sight picture-trigger control-follow through)/Focus.

Or you consider fundamental Draw,Reloading,and others strictly practical (IPSC) skills?

For USPSA or IPSC, drawing and reloading and all that are fundamental. You can't get very far in the sport without knowing how to do those things. Marksmanship fundamentals (being able to fire an accurate shot) is also important, but it is just the start of what you need to be able to do.