Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best 2 hits on paper

outerlimits

Try this...don't pay yer uspsa activity count and do a match where the best 1 hit on paper counts. Interesting stuff. WTF are are shooting twice? Saves a sh$t load of ammo.

There's no current requirement for two per paper....

You could design a stage or match requiring one per or three per.....

Two per is simply the default state when nothing is specified.....

The "two per paper" is a default number, not a requirement. You can designate any number

you want in the WSB (up to a max of 8?). Just designate the correct number when generating

the scoresheets. Did you know you can designate different numbers of required hits per

target within the same COF? 1 hit on T1, 2 on T2, 6 on T3--whatever.

I do one per paper and 3 per paper fairly frequently---messes with the 2-shot-hammer-and-run

shooters. If you want to be a little evil, do 1 per, Virginia count.

And I pay my activity fees. That has nothing to do with rounds per target.

Edited by open17

Try this...don't pay yer uspsa activity count and do a match where the best 1 hit on paper counts. Interesting stuff. WTF are are shooting twice? Saves a sh$t load of ammo.

How will this make things cheaper? You still will want to shoot the same amount of rounds, right? a 32 round course stil requires 32 rounds whether you use 1 per target @ 32 targets or 2 per at 16 targets. All you're doing is increasing the costs to the club by making them use twice as many targets to get the same amount of rounds that your "customers" want to shoot. Edited by spanky

one per stages are fun to watch, you will see several shooters going bang, pause, transition, bang, pause, transition. it is lots of fun and a good mental challenge.

some day I will talk my local MD into running a whole match with each stage requiring a different number of hits.

Mike

Guys I'm not trying to change a thing. Just pointing out that shooting a COF where it's best 1 on paper is a bit different.

Yes I hear you. At the Indiana Sectional a few years ago they threw in a one round per stage. Guess what I did on the very next stage? Yep one round per on the first two targets! Then went back to normal like nothing happened. finished up and got the bad news. I didn't even realize I did it. I was so focused on only putting one on target that it carried over a little.

Guys I'm not trying to change a thing. Just pointing out that shooting a COF where it's best 1 on paper is a bit different.

Shot a stage at Cherokee Gun Club awhile back that was best 3 shots per target. Seemed easy enough......until the buzzer. My brain and trigger finger are programmed for 2 shots per target.

Shot a stage at Cherokee Gun Club awhile back that was best 3 shots per target. Seemed easy enough......until the buzzer. My brain and trigger finger are programmed for 2 shots per target.

Watched a shooter go through a whole 3 per target stage soothing 2 per till the last array then watched them go back through shooting 1 per.

It never occurred to me to do a 32 round stage with 32 different targets and just require 1-per. Would be fun for a really long field course, but may be a pain to reset. I can see people getting mixed up and forgetting which targets they engaged and going nuts making sure they hit them all. Looks like I have my first stage of the next season to design :devil:

Design an all-steel stage. Throw at least one popper in to make it legal. Instant one-shot-per-target stage with no additional cost to the club. In addition, anybody who gets through with just one shot per target will have done pretty well in the standings more than likely!

Last years Florida open had a 32 round stage 1 per paper. On top of that it was a stage that was memory intensive, and had triple half classic target swingers at close to 20 yards. Lots of people dropped lots of points on that one. Pretty sure it was stage 5. Manny is a sick pup, and I love shooting his matches because everything I shoot after them seems simple.

Last years Florida open had a 32 round stage 1 per paper. On top of that it was a stage that was memory intensive, and had triple half classic target swingers at close to 20 yards. Lots of people dropped lots of points on that one. Pretty sure it was stage 5. Manny is a sick pup, and I love shooting his matches because everything I shoot after them seems simple.

Let's give credit due here. This stage was heinously devious. it was 32 classic targets as you say - with an INCREDIBLE assortment of ranges and difficulty of shots. The triple swinger - it had to be the minimum of 4 3/8" of A that's allowed stacked 3 high - not to mention I swear it was 35-40 yards. Probably at least 30.

Sick pup isn't even close to the level his diabolical genius goes.