Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I wanna see video of you splits!

steel1212

The best I have hit in matches has been a couple of 0.11s on a few different occasions. Those were almost always a snap transition to the last target of the array/stage. No bump firing there, as they were with my Glock.

My "good" Bill Drill and the like run at 0.15s splits.

I have seen a small handful of guys that probably run sub 0.12's on a fairly regular basis. I wouldn't be surprised to see a few instances of 0.10's. If it is bump-fire...in the course of shooting...still counts, right?

From what I have seen, bump fires with a 1911 style gun can run in the 0.08 - 0.10 second range. Faster than that and the gun is likely doubling.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They don't tell the splits, but this is about as fast as I've seen on video.

[edit]

Lol...fast, but not a Bill Drill, call it "random slinging of lead at a huge steel plate drill"

Edited by Flexmoney
edit to remove copy and paste of video...for those with a slow connection

[edit]

I shoot locally with Kelley, I have seen him pull some amazing splits and transitions.

Edited by Flexmoney

I can do it whenever I want but my timer and camera are both too slow to pick up the second shots. Oh, and I usually combine that trick with my "perfect double" trick.

Cha-lee- I have been watching your videos for years and I really appreciate your taking the time to make and post them, but good God man, get a new camera. Even cell phones take better video these days.

Edited by Alphamikefoxtrot

[edit]

I shoot locally with Kelley, I have seen him pull some amazing splits and transitions.

I watched him utterly burn down a steel stage a couple years ago. Our jaws were all on the ground and our eyes were like :surprise:

Edited by Flexmoney

I had a pretty good one at the end of this video. Seems they come and go sporadically when I'm relaxed.

Stock Glock trigger. I sincerely doubt I could replicate this by trying.

What do you say, sub .10? Should have checked the timer. I knew it was fast but didn't know it sounded like my gun doubled :huh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PscxOMlXafU

Edited by DonovanM

Sub tens in a match? I can't get below .13 dumping rounds into the berm. I need some finger exercises.

NO I don't wanna see the ones that might happen in a match. I wantto see you do 3 individual splits back to back. Not a bill drill, 3 separate ones. I want to see on demand .10s that people claim they can do.

I am seeing some very fast shooting and good shooting also if your getting your hits but what I'm not seeing is the on demand claims.

• 5 weeks later...

I have been known to have a fast finger!

I know I have had some here and there but they were all probably accidental bump firing during a stage or a drill. .12 to .15 is about as fast as i can go on demand with a very occasional .11 in there.

You should have posted this in another 2 or 3 months so we could play around before the season really starts. If the thread is still alive then, and I remember, I will mess around with it and post a video (good or bad).

Brian

• 8 months later...

Yeah I've seen no on demand splits that I've heard claims about. Best I've seen is 4 .12s and a .13 in a idpa match by Barry west. It was a draw shoot 5 and he just crushed ut

Sub tens in a match? I can't get below .13 dumping rounds into the berm. I need some finger exercises.

NO I don't wanna see the ones that might happen in a match. I wantto see you do 3 individual splits back to back. Not a bill drill, 3 separate ones. I want to see on demand .10s that people claim they can do.

I am seeing some very fast shooting and good shooting also if your getting your hits but what I'm not seeing is the on demand claims.

SO, I remembered this thread recently during a conversation with a gunsmith. He mentioned someone pulling down sub .10s.

Here is the problem, I did not come back and read the thread before I went off bugging my "betters". So, I said, sub .12 splits, on demand. There were several very good shooters around who all agreed that it was possible. One said that it was possible with a striker fired gun, you just had to be wearing the name KC to do it.

So, just so we are straight, I told him that all I needed on video were sub .12s, I feel as though, it could have gotten faster.

here we go.

Edited by wes777